Devin Castle, Bratislava
About Devin Castle, Bratislava
Devin Castle, Bratislava - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Muranska, 841 10 Bratislava-Devin, Slovakia
Ticket Price: 4 EUR
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 5.4K times in trip plans
View Point, Castle, Historical Site
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located at the confluence of the Danube and the Morava rivers, the Devin Castle dates back to the pre-historic era. Known for proving as a strong structure for the city’s defense mechanism from the early 1st century right up to 1809 when Napoleon’s army destroyed the Castle, today, the place serves as an icon for Bratislava’s intense war history.
- Exhibition rooms in the castle where you can see seasonal displays of the city’s history.
- View of the Danube from the Castle
Devin Castle Ticket Prices
- Adults: Euros 4
- Reduced (children, students, pensioners): Euros 2
- Family ticket: Euros 8, children under 14 years
- School groups: Euros 1.30 per person, at least ten children
Devin Castle Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday – Sunday: Last visit at 3.30 pm.
- Entry into the castle area only under appropriate weather conditions.
- Tuesday - Sunday: Last visit at 4.30 pm.
- Tuesday - Sunday: Last visit at 5.30 pm.
- Saturday – Sunday: Last visit at 6.30 pm.
How To reach Devin Castle by Public Transport
- Bus: At Hrad Devin
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bratislava before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bratislava and book an accommodation of your choice.
Devin Castle, Bratislava Reviews - Write a Review
This place is great! You have very nice views of 3 countries. The museum inside is really good since it tells the story of the castle along the years. There is a fee to get it, which is fair. I went there on a Sunday and they had displays of some cool tools, toys and etc used in the past. Even one that you could shoot a cross bow.
Nice place to visit for families. There is entrance fee to castle - it's not expensive, but be sure that you have cash (cash desk don't accept cards). There is excellent bike accessibility, but if you arrive by car, you have to know that is tricky to park over the weekends.
Reconstructed castle on hill near Morava and Danube rivers. The inner area is clean and green including indoor exhibitions. There are pens with sheep, goats and donkeys. It's a shame that the entry even to the green fields is with entry fee.
It was the highest moment in my trip to Slovakia. Devín Castle is amazing and have a lot of history to tell. Easier to reach by public transport. You can spend hours there just admiring the view.
Nice old fortress - lovely and easy to walk around. Very touristy with restaurants and souvenir stands nearby.
- Nearby Attractions
- Nový Most
- Freddie Next To Mercury Hostel&apartments
- Academia Istropolitana
- Horsky Park
- SODA Gallery
- Escape Room
- Sad Janka Krala
- Bratislava Shooting Club
- Bratislava Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bratislava
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bratislava
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bratislava
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bratislava
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bratislava
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bratislava