Events and Festivals in Bratislava
Bratislava’s rich culture is kept alive through its festivals which narrate the story of its glorious past while still embracing its present charm.
- Bratislava Ball (January): Adhering to the traditional way of announcing new Debutantes in the society, the Ball does need a special invitation. And if you do have one, be ready for a night of traditional music, regal ball dances and a general flair of the who’s who of the society.
- Siege of Bratislava (late June / early July): The Siege of Bratislava is one of the most important events in the city. Re-enacting the battle in which Napoleon was defeated, the festival is a great way to get in the historic zest of the city.
- Festival of Historic Fencing (July / August): A cultural festival where you can see the art of fencing first-hand and learn about the age old practices of execution enacted by the local artists.
- Bratislava City Marathon (March / April): Run a short marathon or simply enjoy the activities arranged including concerts, shows and fireworks which make the festival rather popular.
- Wine Festival (May / September): Locals and Tourists alike take part in the Small Carpathian Wine Route as you ‘wine-taste’ your heart away.
- Junifest (June): Known to be influenced by Oktoberfest in Munich, the Junifest is loved for its variety of beer from all over the region, concerts, shows and the popular Miss Junifest Pageant.
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bratislava