Events and Festivals in Bratislava
Bratislava’s rich culture is kept alive through its festivals which narrate the story of its glorious past while still embracing its present charm.
- Bratislava Ball (January): Adhering to the traditional way of announcing new Debutantes in the society, the Ball does need a special invitation. And if you do have one, be ready for a night of traditional music, regal ball dances and a general flair of the who’s who of the society.
- Siege of Bratislava (late June / early July): The Siege of Bratislava is one of the most important events in the city. Re-enacting the battle in which Napoleon was defeated, the festival is a great way to get in the historic zest of the city.
- Festival of Historic Fencing (July / August): A cultural festival where you can see the art of fencing first-hand and learn about the age old practices of execution enacted by the local artists.
- Bratislava City Marathon (March / April): Run a short marathon or simply enjoy the activities arranged including concerts, shows and fireworks which make the festival rather popular.
- Wine Festival (May / September): Locals and Tourists alike take part in the Small Carpathian Wine Route as you ‘wine-taste’ your heart away.
- Junifest (June): Known to be influenced by Oktoberfest in Munich, the Junifest is loved for its variety of beer from all over the region, concerts, shows and the popular Miss Junifest Pageant.
Trip plans for Bratislava
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Bratislava
Bratislava Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Bratislava
Save 7%Private Round-Trip Transfer: Vienna to BratislavaNew on TripHobo
Ditch the bus and rail timetables for a private round-trip road transfer between Vienna and Bratislava. Meet your driver at V...
Grand City Tour of BratislavaNew on TripHobo
Duration: 1 Hrs 35 Mins
The bestseller for tourists is a combination of the Old Town Tour and the Castle Tour. When you have finished a ride through ...Book Now
Save 4%Bratislava Post-Communism Tour6 Reviews
Duration: 2 Hrs 30 Mins
Visit a vast concrete housing estate area, the Soviet monument Slavn, abandoned factories, 1930s bunker line, the former Iron...
Save 9%Local Secrets of Bratislava Small Group Tour Including Picnic and a Trolleybus ride17 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
This Bratislava tour starts with a shot of a local spirit right in the middle of the main town square. Need we say more? Okay...