Ganymede's Fountain93 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Hviezdoslavovo namestie, 811 02 Bratislava-Stare Mesto, Slovakia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Walking Area, Statue, Family And Kids, Fountain, Sculpture
Fontain Ganymed is one of the first fountains which sourced water from the Danube river and the sculptures which adorn the fountain depicts just that.
The fountain has a statue of Zeus (in the form of an Eagle) with a young man sitting on the regal bird. Four children below the main statue hold the four types of fishes found in Danube.
Today the fountain is one of the historic highlights of the city merging with its old-town streets.
Ganymede's Fountain Travel Tips
- Do take a walk around the rest of the square.
How to Reach Ganymede's Fountain
- By Bus: At Bratislava Novy Most
- By Light Rail: At Jesenskeho
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bratislava before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bratislava and book an accommodation of your choice.
4.8% of people who visit Bratislava include Ganymede's Fountain in their plan
66.67% of people start their Ganymede's Fountain visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ganymede's Fountain
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ganymede's Fountain