How to Reach Bratislava, Slovakia
The Easiest Way to Reach Bratislava
HOW TO GET TO BRATISLAVA
- Bratislava Milan Rastislav StefAnik Airport is located around 10 kilometers away from the city and is the largest airport in the Slovak Republic. There are direct flights from United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Italy, Belgium and Spain among other countries.
- Other airlines offer flights from Prague, Kosice, Moscow, Vienna, Copenhagen and Oslo.
- You can take the trolleybus 205 to Autobusová stanica (Bus station) to reach the city from the airport or opt for Taxis or Public Busses.
- Vienna International Airport / Wien Schwechat is another airport located around 50 kilometers from Bratislava (located in Austria) and connects the city to Vienna and Wolfsthal among other cities.
- The EC trains are a preferred way to get into the city especially if you are travelling on budget. You can book tickets online for most trains and get them at a cheaper rate.
- Most of the international trains take you to the Bratislava hlavná stanica. Vienna is connected to Bratislava by regular trains (duration of 1 hour).
- The EC trains connect Prague to Bratislava in a 4-hour journey train which departs every 2 hours while EC trains to Prague take around 9 hours, Budapest takes 3 hours’ journey time, Warsaw takes around 7 hours and Kiev takes around 28 hours’ from Bratislava.
- Busses connect Bratislava to all the major and minor cities throughout Slovakia and also major European cities like London, Vienna, Prague, Budapest and Paris among other cities. The tickets can be booked online as well as bought at the bus stations.
- Regular boats are available from Vienna throughout the fall season which sail through the Danube to reach Bratislava. The boats depart from Schwedenplatz in Vienna and arrive at Novy Most.
By kayak and canoe
- The Danube is known for its cross country Kayak and Canoes tours. Usually people camp along the shores and prefer to accompany a well-organized tour rather than travel solo.
- If you are travelling from northern Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Austria or Czech Republic, you can enter the city through its many Motorways. Do know that your car will need a sticker to enter the motorways as they have limited access. These stickers can be bought at local gas stations. For a privately owned car, you will need a parking ticket to park the car safely in the city.
- Bratislava is one of the popular Biking routes along the Danube and if you enjoy bike riding, these routes are the perfect way to see the city.
HOW TO GET AROUND BRATISLAVA
- Busses are the slowest means to travel around the capital city of Slovakia but if you are first-time visitor it is well worth the time. Do know that the tickets are valid for 15 minutes after which you have to punch in for another 15 minutes between stops? You need to buy the tickets before you enter a bus at the bus station.
The main bus stands are:
- Hodzovo namestie (Presidential palace) offer busses for northwest and east bound bus connections.
- Most SNP (close to St. Martin's Cathedral and the Danube banks) for west bound busses.
The main busses operate from 4.30 am to 11.00 pm.
By Trams/ Light Rail:
- Trams are a great way to take in the city space and explore its main streets. Tickets are available at Tram stops.
- The main Tram station is at Poštová (pedestrian area at Obchodná street). The main Trams operate from 4.30 am to 11.00 pm. For night travel up to 3.30 am you will need to go to Presidential palace.
- The ‘Trolejbus’ is yet another hassle free way to travel around Bratislava. You can get the tickets at the Trolleybus stations.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Bratislava and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Bratislava
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Bratislava. The most preferred mode of transport in Bratislava is Car.
Average distance: 9.8 km Average time: 31.55 min
Car 35%Driving 22.43 min Walking 1.43 min Overall average time for 12.07 kms 23.86 min
Walking 12.5%Walking 29.6 min Driving 3.2 min Waiting 1.2 min Train 0.8 min Bus 0.6 min Overall average time for 3.74 kms 35.4 min
Tram/Streetcar 2.5%Tram 39 min Walking 5 min Waiting 4 min Overall average time for 14 kms 48 min
Bus/Trolleybus 32.5%Bus 22 min Walking 7.92 min Waiting 5.62 min Overall average time for 6.91 kms 35.54 min
Bike 10%Bike 20.5 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 6.5 kms 20.75 min
Train/Metro 2.5%Train 45 min Waiting 20 min Walking 20 min Bus 10 min Overall average time for 55 kms 95 min
- How to Reach Cities Near Bratislava
- How to reach Most Pri Bratislave
- How to reach Dunajská Lužná
- How to reach Miloslavov
- How to reach Malinovo
- How to reach Hviezdoslavov
- How to reach Kvetoslavov
- How to reach Báč
- How to reach Sahy
- How to reach Ministry Of Interior Of The Slovak Republic
- How to Reach Top Cities in Slovakia
- How to reach Tatranska Lomnica
- How to reach Lieskovec
- How to reach Nižná
- How to reach Šarišské Jastrabie
- How to reach Zemné
- How to reach Gelnica
- How to reach Dolné Saliby
- How to reach Šaštín
- How to reach Čebovce
- How to Reach Cities Around the World
- How to reach Paris
- How to reach Prague
- How to reach Rome
- How to reach Rio De Janeiro
- How to reach London
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Bly
- How to reach East Sheen
- How to reach Newtown Forbes