Sigismund Gate145 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Žigmundova brána, 811 01 Bratislava-Old Town, Slovakia Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Historical Site, Family And Kids
The Sigismund Gate was built in the 15th century and is part of the original fortification of Bratislava which was much smaller than the new fortification. A small hike takes you to the gate. The panoramic view from the gate was used for defense purposes during the medieval times.
Today, the gate is loved for its history and the stunning view its offers of the Danube and Bratislava. The place is also great to simply find a quiet spot when in the city.
Sigismund Gate Travel Tips
- Carry drinking water with you.
- Wear comfortable shoes with good grip and sunscreen.
How to Reach Sigismund Gate
- By Bus: At Hrad
- By Light Rail: At Novy Most
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bratislava before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bratislava and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Sigismund Gate Address: Žigmundova brána, 811 01 Bratislava-Old Town, Slovakia
- Sigismund Gate Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Sigismund Gate(preferred time): 08:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Sigismund Gate: 01:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
6.74% of people who visit Bratislava include Sigismund Gate in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
33.33% of people start their Sigismund Gate visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Sigismund Gate
77.78% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sigismund Gate
People normally club together Namestie Snp and Primates' Palace while planning their visit to Sigismund Gate.