Slovak National MuseumCurrently Closed
The Natural History Museum is one of its kind in Europe with a wide collection of over 2.4 million objects kept for display. Covering an array of laterals including mineralogy, petrology, paleontology, anthropology, botany and zoology among others, the museum is ideal for people with a curious mind or simply a good learning experience if you are traveling with children.
- Treasures of Earth exhibition with over 1100 specimens of minerals
- Miracle of Nature exhibition showcasing the regions bio-diversity
- Paleontological Exhibition which traces the evolution of life through earth’s earliest ages
- Full price: Euros 4
- Reduced (pensioners, students, scholars): Euros 2.00
- Family ticket small (1 adult and 2 children): Euros 6.00
- Family ticket big (2 adults and 3 children): Euros 9.00
- School group (accompanying teachers free): Euros 1.00
- 20% reduction from full price for Poštová banka clients, Junior Railplus Euro 26, Klasik Railplus, Senior Railplus, Bratislava City cardholders: Euros 3.20
- Free for Children under 6 years old of age, ICOM cardholders, disabled visitors with one person accompanying them, members of the friends of the SNM Club
- For guided tours for visitors, communicate with the museum.
- Closed on other days for technical reasons.
- You can visit the official website for more information.
- By Bus: At Novy most
- By Light Rail: At Nam. L. Stura
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bratislava before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bratislava and book an accommodation of your choice.
9.7% of people who visit Bratislava include Slovak National Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
63.27% of people start their Slovak National Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Slovak National Museum
57.78% of people prefer walking in order to reach Slovak National Museum
The museum had interesting exhibits but they could have been better organized and presented. Many tags were written only in Slovak and that made it difficult to follow the exhibitions. You should totally visit if you have a lot of time but i would prefer something else if on a tight schedule
Really interesting museum for all nature lovers. Some taxidermy pieces were really done well, and I love the backgrounds which were made like their real habitat. Whole exhibition is a chronological story from the begining of the life on planet Earth to life we know today. I have so much photos which I could share, but it is best for you to go there and experience it yourself. :)
The museum exhibits a vast range of specimens from various segments of natural history, mainly focused on presentation of the diversity of living and non-living nature in Slovakia. The museum also hosts a variety of temporary exhibitions (check the program on official website).
Go there with limited expectations and you’ll be pleasantly surprised! I loved the folk traditions exhibition! The only thing I didn’t enjoy about the museum, which was also mentioned by another reviewer, was the staff following you and checking your ticket at every exhibit. I’ve never experienced this at any museum before and it was uncomfortable at times. Don’t let that put you off though!
Fantastic dioramas! Best explanation and demonstration of continental drift we've ever seen! Excellent look at Slovakian ecosystems. Mineral room lacks the curation skill of the others. Staff friendly.