Are you looking for what to do in Bratislava?
PLACES TO SEE
Bratislava is a historic wonderland with a number of tourist attractions which speak of its intense story.
- Bratislava Old Town: Is the historic center of Bratislava consisting of buildings which belong to the medieval period. Today the place is also loved for its small cafes and evening lights.
- Bratislava Castle: Iconic white building with brick-red colored towers and roofing, built in the 9th century and rebuilt in the 20th century. The castle is loved for its classic architecture, intense history and impeccable beauty.
- Cumil: Located in the old town, Cumil is one of the most unique statues in the city- a man working on a roadside drainage and peeking notoriously at women passing by.
- Devin Castle: Located along the confluence of the Morava and Danube rivers, the castle was built from 864 AD to the 15th century and is a fine example of the strategic architecture used for the city’s defense.
- UFO Observation Deck: Also known as the UFO bridge, this is the world’s 7th largest hanging bridge. The surrounding area is perfect for a romantic walk and often you will find people around taking pictures. The place has its own elevator which takes you up to the viewing deck.
- Hlavne Namestie: A charming square located at the heart of the old Bratislava town popular for its restaurants, historic buildings and seasonal decorations.
- Michael's Gate (Michalska brana): The only preserved gate of the medieval architecture and fortification of Bratislava.
- St. Martin's Cathedral (Dom svateho Martina): Consecrated in 1452, the church is popular for its gothic architecture and its 279 feet high tower.
- Slavin: Slavin is the city’s Military Cemetery and War memorial for soldiers who lost their lives during World War II.
THINGS TO DO
Bratislava offers a big list of ‘things to do’ with its natural biking and hiking trails, crazy nightlife and chic shopping malls and when in the city don’t miss the following popular haunts.
Nightlife: There are many Bars, Clubs, restaurants which flood the modern Bratislava but the highlights are the Lap Dance clubs. Some of the must-visits are:
- Moulin Rouge: The most popular strip club in Bratislava, this place is perfect if you want to explore the erotic pulse of the city.
- Dubliner: Located off the main square in the old town, the Dubliners is known for its Irish bar, lively weekends and live bands.
- Slovak Pub: With different rooms of different era as their theme, this place is as authentic as you can get in Bratislava.
- Cats: If you are in the mood for some Cabaret dances, head to the Cats to see some exotic dances with a few drinks.
Shopping: Bratislava has a great shopping pulse and you can always take some time out to explore its local goods. Some of the popular spots to shop are:
- Old Town: Even though the old town of Bratislava is known for its historic buildings, the whole place is flooded with shops.
- Street Markets: The local markets which flood the city including farm markets like TrÃ…Â¾nica and Stará trÃ…Â¾nica are a must if you want to explore the local goods of the city.
- Aupark: Popular shopping malls with an in-house Cinema, ice-skating rink, and in-door attractions for children.
- Soravia Palace: The city’s youngest mall with shops that sell almost everything (from clothes to gifts articles) and is also known for arranging regular events.
Below we have a list of things to do in Bratislava and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Bratislava getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Bratislava with confidence.