How to Reach Bregenz
HOW TO GET TO BREGENZ
There are a number of airports near Bregenz, but no direct flights in.
- Zurich Airport is connected to Bregenz by rail.
- Friedrichshafen Airport at the triangle of Germany, Austria and Switzerland is 50 minutes by rail to Vorarlberg.
- St. Gallen / Altenrhein in Switzerland has a tiny airport.
By Train: The Hauptbahnhof, or Central Station, receives trains from Vienna with stops in Linz, Salzburg, Innsbruck
By Boat: Boats and ferries from the harbour can be taken out to other towns around Lake Constance.
By Bus: The Eurolines bus network serves Bregenz as far as Vienna and Berlin.
By Car: Bregenz is easily reachable by car over various Swiss, Austrian and German motorways.
HOW TO GET AROUND BREGENZ
- By Bus: The city has a number of efficient bus lines.
- By Foot: The city really is quite tiny. You can check out all the sites quite easily just walking.
- By Bicycle: In the summer, cycling is undisputedly the best way to travel. You can rent them from the central station.