Oberstadt216 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Oberstadt, Bregenz, Austria Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Architecture , Old Town, Heritage Building
At the gateway of Bregenz’s old town you come across a rather startling sight – a grotesque mummified shark. Ask the locals to tell you why, though generally, it’s there to ward off evil. Through it, you’ll step into winding streets, colorful houses and many gardens. The walls you see here have been around since the 13th century. The main highlights are:
- The half-timbered Old Town Hall.
- The Martinsturm.
- The prisoner’s home, which is the largest building in town.
- the Deuringschlösschen – 1698 palace.
- the 1636 Capuchin Monastery and Church.
- The 14th century Parish Church of St. Gallus that was remodeled in 1738 with rich Baroque and Rococo decor.
How to Reach Oberstadt
- You’ll have to walk.
- Ask the locals for directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bregenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bregenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Oberstadt Address: Oberstadt, Bregenz, Austria
- Oberstadt Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Oberstadt(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Oberstadt: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
95% of people who visit Bregenz include Oberstadt in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
43.84% of people start their Oberstadt visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Oberstadt
89.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oberstadt
People normally club together Stadtmuseum Lindau and Herz-Jesu-Kirche while planning their visit to Oberstadt.