Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender MountainCurrently Open [Closes at 07:00 pm]
- Address: Pfanderbahn Schillerstraße 6900 Bregenz Austria
- Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +43-5574421600
- Ticket Price: 12 EUR
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Wildlife Park, Tour, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Cable Car, Ropeways
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain - Review
Bregenz’s favorite tourist attraction isn’t a monument or a building or a museum – it’s a cable car, a dual aerial tramway. The Pfaenderbahn has served the city since the 1920s. It’s a really fast, exhilarating ride. It rises from the valley, at 419 metres to the beautiful Phaender Mountain of 1022 metres. This 603 metre ascension is covered over 2063 metres, at a 31% slope, in a total time of six minutes, travelling 12 feet per second.
The views as you go up are breathtaking! You soar above the lands of three countries – Germany, Austria and Switzerland – and the lake in the middle of which their borders meet – Lake Constance. Naturally, the view only gets better at the top. This is the most famous lookout point in the region, where the sight of the Alpine peaks is most majestic.
You’ll find restaurants to eat at over there (the food is wonderfully authentic Austrian). The Berghaus Pfänder has a wonderful terrace outlook. The century old Alpine inn Pfänderdohle is also worth checking out for its impeccable strudel.
At the Pfaender Eagle Vantage Point, which is kind of a breeding zoo for birds of prey, you can spend about an hour learning about these fascinating creatures. Then you get to see the falconer fly the creatures.
And finally, at the Alpine game park, you get to frolic around with nanny goats, rabbits, ibexes, wild boar, mouflon, red deer, groundhog and pigs. Entrance is free!
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Information
- You may not want to get back down if a 90 minute descent sounds too tough on your knees.
- Wheelchairs, cycles and baby carriages allowed.
- Dogs on leash allowed.
- Parking at multi-storey Pfänder Parking Garage.
- Check attraction website for extensive arrive info.
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Ticket Prices
- Check out the attraction website for extensive pricing information.
- Different rates apply for summer and winter seasons.
- Lower rates for kids and seniors.
- EUR 5.90 for the Eagle Vantage Point.
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Hours
- The Car leaves every 30 minutes.
- Trips between 7pm-11pm are available on request (expensive).
- May be closed in November for the annual audit. Call the attraction if you intend to visit the.
- Restaurant Berghaus Pfänder : Early May – Late September: 9:30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. Evening reservations possible.
- Alpine reservation is open all year round during daylight hours.
Inn Pfänderdohle: Late September – Early May:
- 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday closes 11:00 p.m.
- Evening reservation possible.
How To reach Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain by Public Transport
- Trains REX, REX 4, S1 and S3 stop Bregenz Hafen.
- You can drive to the cable car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bregenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bregenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain
95% of people who visit Bregenz include Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
76.23% of people start their Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain
93.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Trips
2 Views18 Days 17 Nights18 Day Trip to Linz, Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Melk, Zell Am See from HanoiBy: Guest UserCity: Zell Am See, Linz, Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Melk
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain, Bregenz Reviews
Exceptional views plus a nice restaurant up top. We hiked up which took about 1.5 hours. It was a bit strenuous but well worth it! First buy one-way passes from the ticket office, and they will provide a trail map. It was a bit challenging finding the trail head as it’s in a neighborhood. Follow the map and the yellow/red markers. We took the red trail up at the split. Enjoy!
Nice view if you get near the window on the way up. The walk around the deer enclosure is incredibly steep for not much benefit. Probably better for fitness freaks who do a one way ride & hike or cycle the other leg of the journey
Great attraction for the family. Very convenient to take the fresh air when it's hot at the lake. It's particularly adapted for mountain bikes to the top of the mountain. The view at the top is spectacular. There ard numbers of walks available from the top. The free animal park at the top is great to see the Alp's wildlife. The waiting time is pretty small.
A great attraction. Modern and secure, with a breath-taking landscape view, which is even more intense at mountain top. The surrounding natural park, offers a variety of activities and the possibility to see and even interact with local fauna and flora. Worth visiting!
A wonderful experience with a great view. I thoroughly recommend. The people management left a lot to be desired though. It was an unpleasant crush to queue or mob towards the cable car. That should be better. Strange lady working there seemed to think it was ok to split groups into different cable cars. Weird. But the ride and views of Bodensee from the top were very good quality.