Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain, Bregenz
About Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain, Bregenz
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain, Bregenz - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Pfanderbahn Schillerstraße 6900 Bregenz Austria
Ticket Price: 12 EUR
Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Wildlife Park, Tour, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Cable Car, Ropeways
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Bregenz’s favorite tourist attraction isn’t a monument or a building or a museum – it’s a cable car, a dual aerial tramway. The Pfaenderbahn has served the city since the 1920s. It’s a really fast, exhilarating ride. It rises from the valley, at 419 metres to the beautiful Phaender Mountain of 1022 metres. This 603 metre ascension is covered over 2063 metres, at a 31% slope, in a total time of six minutes, travelling 12 feet per second.
The views as you go up are breathtaking! You soar above the lands of three countries – Germany, Austria and Switzerland – and the lake in the middle of which their borders meet – Lake Constance. Naturally, the view only gets better at the top. This is the most famous lookout point in the region, where the sight of the Alpine peaks is most majestic.
You’ll find restaurants to eat at over there (the food is wonderfully authentic Austrian). The Berghaus Pfänder has a wonderful terrace outlook. The century old Alpine inn Pfänderdohle is also worth checking out for its impeccable strudel.
At the Pfaender Eagle Vantage Point, which is kind of a breeding zoo for birds of prey, you can spend about an hour learning about these fascinating creatures. Then you get to see the falconer fly the creatures.
And finally, at the Alpine game park, you get to frolic around with nanny goats, rabbits, ibexes, wild boar, mouflon, red deer, groundhog and pigs. Entrance is free!
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Information
- You may not want to get back down if a 90 minute descent sounds too tough on your knees.
- Wheelchairs, cycles and baby carriages allowed.
- Dogs on leash allowed.
- Parking at multi-storey Pfänder Parking Garage.
- Check attraction website for extensive arrive info.
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Ticket Prices
- Check out the attraction website for extensive pricing information.
- Different rates apply for summer and winter seasons.
- Lower rates for kids and seniors.
- EUR 5.90 for the Eagle Vantage Point.
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Opening and Closing Hours
- The Car leaves every 30 minutes.
- Trips between 7pm-11pm are available on request (expensive).
- May be closed in November for the annual audit. Call the attraction if you intend to visit the.
- Restaurant Berghaus Pfänder : Early May – Late September: 9:30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. Evening reservations possible.
- Alpine reservation is open all year round during daylight hours.
Inn Pfänderdohle: Late September – Early May:
- 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday closes 11:00 p.m.
- Evening reservation possible.
How To reach Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain by Public Transport
- Trains REX, REX 4, S1 and S3 stop Bregenz Hafen.
- You can drive to the cable car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bregenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bregenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain, Bregenz Reviews - Write a Review
Nice location, great views ... consider walking one way, it's certainly worth it.
Great views. If you want to get some food once at the top. Take the path to Pfänderspitze and you come across a few more restaurants that are much cheaper than the one right next to the cable car.
Nice scenic views of the lake constant. You can hike up and take the cable down or the other way around.
Really is a amzing place , AlpeBerg Beuatiful views , u can see the Lake and the mountains .
Great view all over the Constanz Lake is accompanied with a refreshing breeze, one of the must go places in the area.