Bregenz’s favorite tourist attraction isn’t a monument or a building or a museum – it’s a cable car, a dual aerial tramway. The Pfaenderbahn has served the city since the 1920s. It’s a really fast, exhilarating ride. It rises from the valley, at 419 metres to the beautiful Phaender Mountain of 1022 metres. This 603 metre ascension is covered over 2063 metres, at a 31% slope, in a total time of six minutes, travelling 12 feet per second.
The views as you go up are breathtaking! You soar above the lands of three countries – Germany, Austria and Switzerland – and the lake in the middle of which their borders meet – Lake Constance. Naturally, the view only gets better at the top. This is the most famous lookout point in the region, where the sight of the Alpine peaks is most majestic.
You’ll find restaurants to eat at over there (the food is wonderfully authentic Austrian). The Berghaus Pfänder has a wonderful terrace outlook. The century old Alpine inn Pfänderdohle is also worth checking out for its impeccable strudel.
At the Pfaender Eagle Vantage Point, which is kind of a breeding zoo for birds of prey, you can spend about an hour learning about these fascinating creatures. Then you get to see the falconer fly the creatures.
And finally, at the Alpine game park, you get to frolic around with nanny goats, rabbits, ibexes, wild boar, mouflon, red deer, groundhog and pigs. Entrance is free!
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Travel Tips
- You may not want to get back down if a 90 minute descent sounds too tough on your knees.
- Wheelchairs, cycles and baby carriages allowed.
- Dogs on leash allowed.
- Parking at multi-storey Pfänder Parking Garage.
- Check attraction website for extensive arrive info.
Entrance Ticket Details For Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain
- Check out the attraction website for extensive pricing information.
- Different rates apply for summer and winter seasons.
- Lower rates for kids and seniors.
- EUR 5.90 for the Eagle Vantage Point.
Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain Hours
- The Car leaves every 30 minutes.
- Trips between 7pm-11pm are available on request (expensive).
- May be closed in November for the annual audit. Call the attraction if you intend to visit the.
- Restaurant Berghaus Pfänder : Early May – Late September: 9:30 a.m. to 6.30 p.m. Evening reservations possible.
- Alpine reservation is open all year round during daylight hours.
Inn Pfänderdohle: Late September – Early May:
- 9:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday closes 11:00 p.m.
- Evening reservation possible.
How to Reach Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain
- Trains REX, REX 4, S1 and S3 stop Bregenz Hafen.
- You can drive to the cable car.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bregenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bregenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bregenz include Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
76.23% of people start their Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain
93.18% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Pfaenderbahn And Pfaender Mountain