- Address: Platz Der Wiener Symphoniker 1, Bregenz 6900, Austria
- Phone: +43-55744070
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Performance, Stage Show, Concert, Family And Kids
This is the largest theatrical floating stage in the world. The Bregenzer Festspiele (Bregenz Festival) performing arts summer festival’s greatest events are usually held at this unusual amphitheatre. Most of the performances are operas, many classic, a good number of them contemporary. In either case, the 7000 seater open air theatre serves up one of the best theatrical experiences in Europe. And even if you’re not inclined to catch a show at night, it’s worth it to come and look at the stage at daytime. Try catching it at sundown. But if you can, start trying to book tickets as early as possible, and catch a show.
Trivia: This is where the 2008 Bond film Quantum of Solace scene was filmed.
- It’s an open air theatre. Dress for the weather, be prepared for unexpected rain.
- Have a drink at the nearby Sunset Bar… at sunset.
- If you’re not catching a show, just spend 15 minutes and then go on strolling.
- Ticket prices depend on the show. Check attraction website for details.
- Hours depend on the show. Check attraction website for details.
- Please enquire before your visit.
- Buses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 16, 17, 19, 20, 21, 25, 35, 37 stop Bregenz Bahnhof (Busbahnhof).
- Bregenz Train Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bregenz before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bregenz and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Bregenz include Seebuehne in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.65% of people start their Seebuehne visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Seebuehne
91% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seebuehne
Nice place with amazing view. I loved the sunset here.
Old fashioned, terrible plastic seats
Go see an opera here. With nice weather it's a very cool experience!
The play on the sea is a very unique experience. As long as it is not raining, I can only recommend visiting it!
Beautiful performance ( Carmen)