Abri Sadi CarnotCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1945 Boulevard de la Marine, 29200 Brest, France
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-298008460
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Tomb
During WWII, this shelter protected the citizens of Brest and German forces from Allied Bombin… until it became their tomb. One night, on the evening of 8th September 1944, a failed generator started a fire that lit up a fuel and ammunition store. The explosion killed 373 French and nearly 600 German soldiers practically instantly. Today, the memorial to this place opens for brief times during the year.
Abri Sadi Carnot Travel Tips
- Disabled accessible.
- Audio guides available.
Abri Sadi Carnot Hours
Depending on the day, visits may need to be as part of a group or individual. Contact attraction for details.
- Recommended time to visit between 02:00 pm - 04:00 pm.
- First Sunday of April, May, June, October: 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm.
- July: Wednesday 15th, 22th, 29th: 01:30 pm - 03:30 pm.
- August: Wednesdays 5th, 12th: 01:30 pm - 03:30 pm.
- Sunday 6th 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm.
- Wednesday 9th 01:30 pm - 05:15 pm.
- Saturday 19 & Sunday 20th 09:00 am - 06:00 pm.
How to Reach Abri Sadi Carnot
- Drive to here.
- Ask locals for public transport directions.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brest and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.76% of people who visit Brest include Abri Sadi Carnot in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
81.82% of people start their Abri Sadi Carnot visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Abri Sadi Carnot
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abri Sadi Carnot