Brest Castle National And Navy Museum, Brest
About Brest Castle National And Navy Museum, Brest
Brest Castle National And Navy Museum, Brest - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Chateau de Brest, 29200 Brest, France
Ticket Price: 6 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 1.9K times in trip plans
Museum, Castle, Historical Site, War Memorial, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The castle is the town’s oldest monument, and overlooks one of the largest roadsteads in the world, a highly strategic location. Considering that it’s been use for 1700 straight years (the Romans erected the first defences here in 3rd century AD), it can effectively be called the world’s oldest castle. Look closely at its architecture, and you’ll spot a flow of changing styles – a result of the fortification constantly adapting to possible threats from the sea and land. Read up on its long and extensive history if you can! You can walk the walls of the castle for wonderful vies of the harbour and the city.
Today, the castle houses one of the five French maritime museums. Like the others, it has an extensive collection of model ships, sea instruments, weapons, paintings, sculptures and art.
Brest Castle National And Navy Museum Information
- Audioguide available in French, English, Spanish, Italian, German.
- Diabled people may have a hard time getting around.
- Check attraction website for thematic guided tours focusing on castle architecture, shipbuilding, ship decoration, life on board, the arsenal, the Laperouse expedition.
- Check out the museum shop and library.
Brest Castle National And Navy Museum Ticket Prices
- Entry price includes audio guides.
- Free entry under 26, military and civil defense personnel, unemployed, disabled.
How To reach Brest Castle National And Navy Museum by Public Transport
- Ask the locals for public transport info.
- Drive or walk to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brest and book an accommodation of your choice.
Brest Castle National And Navy Museum, Brest Reviews - Write a Review
the sea unites people and civilizations through mariners that all have the same culture cause they have the Sea and Ships that's the story of the Museum to inspire new generations to join our life in Seas...
Sadly no wheelchair access, A bit difficult to find on the website. And after searching you can visit the inner court yard, but they did not mentioned that to us, zo saw only the outside. Expected more from such a big national museum!!!
You can feel the historic ambiance of the place.
Impressive strategic historical structure and a well organised museum
You have to know history
- Nearby Attractions
- Jardin Du Conservatoire Botanique National De Brest (brest)
- Eglise Saint Martin
- Presbytere Saint Louis
- Presbytere Saint Marc
- Eglise Saint Michel De Brest
- Ateliers Les Capucins
- Laser Game Brest Evolution
- Multiplexe Liberte
- Compagnie Derezo
- Plage Du Moulin Blanc
- Brest Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brest
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brest
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brest
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brest
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brest
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brest