Musee Des Beaux-arts115 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 24 Rue Traverse, 29200 Brest, France Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-298008796
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Family And Kids
10000 items covering mostly paintings, sculptures and prints explore Brest’s maritime character. This museum is thus very intimately connected to the city. Check out the unique art library too. There are a lot of period French and Italian paintings, works from the Northern school, with an emphasis on Breton and Pont-Aven School art. There are also collections of old and ancient art. This backward looking character of the museum stems from a tragic loss – the WWII bombings destroyed a lot of the museum’s art heritage.
- First floors – panoramic paintings; Italian and French; Classical and Baroque.
- Ground floor – mostly 19th century paintings; Romanticism and Surrealism.
Musee Des Beaux-arts Travel Tips
- Paid parking opposite museum building.
Entrance Ticket Details For Musee Des Beaux-arts
- Free for under 18, students under 26, unemployed.
- Free admission on the first Sunday of every month.
How to Reach Musee Des Beaux-arts
- By tram: Line A, Castle station.
- By Bus: Lines 1, 2 and 8 stop French Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brest and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Musee Des Beaux-arts Address: 24 Rue Traverse, 29200 Brest, France
- Musee Des Beaux-arts Contact Number: +33-298008796
- Musee Des Beaux-arts Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Musee Des Beaux-arts Price: 4 EUR
- Best time to visit Musee Des Beaux-arts(preferred time): 02:00 pm - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Musee Des Beaux-arts: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
59.59% of people who visit Brest include Musee Des Beaux-arts in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
95% of people start their Musee Des Beaux-arts visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee Des Beaux-arts
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Des Beaux-arts
People normally club together Brest Castle National And Navy Museum and Roi De Bretagne while planning their visit to Musee Des Beaux-arts.