OceanopolisCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Port de Plaisance du Moulin Blanc, 29200 Brest, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-298344040
- Ticket Price: 20 EUR
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Aquarium, Family And Kids
Europe’s largest open air aquarium; covering three structures, fifty aquariums, and a thousand species of animals; is possibly responsible for about 60% of all European marine research!
The highlights are:
- Tropical Pavilion: covers the Shark Tank, a wall of live coral, the Indian Ocean and the Red Sea, Mangroves, and a tropical Greenhouse:
- Polar Pavilion: Penguin Rookery, Seal Pool, Cold Oceans.
- Temperate Pavilion: Kelp Forest, Jellyfish, Eelgrass Herbarium, the AbyssBox, and the Touch Pool.
- Bioderversity Pavilion.
Plan to spend nearly a whole day here if you want your money’s worth, especially if you’re here with your family. Wonderfully presented and easily accessible, this is Brest’s favourite attraction.
Oceanopolis Travel Tips
- Get the park map from the attraction website.
- There is a café, a bar and a brewery.
- Best to come on the weekend.
- Free car parking with reserved areas for the disabled and mobility impaired.
- The whole park is wheelchair accessible.
- Check out the souvenir shop.
Entrance Ticket Details For Oceanopolis
- EUR 12.80: ages 3-13 and motor disabled adults
- EUR 16.30: students
- Free for under 3
- For staying overnight at Oceanopolis, check out the attraction website.
- All times given are for 2015. They may change in the coming year.
How to Reach Oceanopolis
- Line 3 Lambezellec - Oceanopolis by Palaren.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brest before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brest and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Brest include Oceanopolis in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
89.8% of people start their Oceanopolis visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Oceanopolis
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Oceanopolis
Oceanopolis Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful place with three different exhibits. One for tropical fauna, one for Arctic, and a very unique exhibit for the Bretagne region. Informative, fun, and with English translations for everything. There is also an English audio tour. Had a great time. Food was a bit expensive, but that's what happens in tourist attractions. There is a space for picnics though, inside and outside, so you could in theory bring your own food in.
Nice place, but far from being top of the line. Aquarium is impressive, but only tropical area - cold area lacks qnimals. I was impressed with size of some tanks. You can see some of the sharks quite up close and it was a great opportunity for some awesome photos and videos! I recommend a visit, but you will hardly want to return.
An inspiring day at the aquarium. I came to the revelation that it took 2 billion years of evolution to evolve a creature sufficiently intelligent to appreciate, even recognize the existence of, all the other previously evolved creatures on earth; and we learn, the only creature having this mind capacity, is the same who is capable and effective at destroying that what it appreciates... On the lighter side, I became aware that male sharks have 2 penis like appendages, and that the males violently and passionatly bite the female during sex, as she rolls over and accepts his sperm deep inside her; that is on video display...
We had a great time, well worth the money and great memories made.
Exhibition, especially tropical 5star. Arctic 4 star. Massive downgrade as everything besides "thanks good bye" French only, this is a no-go in today's world with significant international tourists... Finally exhibition "Normandy" appears to be Gift Shop only..