Barbados Museum & Historical Society
- Address: Dalkeith Rd, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Phone: +1-2464270201
- Ticket Price: 15 BBD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Museum, Family And Kids
About Barbados Museum & Historical Society, Bridgetown
The museum showcases interesting and impressive exhibits depicting the history and heritage of Barbados. In an airplane at the museum they screen a short film as well. The museum houses an array of historic bits and pieces including a display about native bird species, display that describes the coral structure of Barbados, fascinating kids gallery, furnishings of an old plantation house, Artifacts of the inhabitants of the Caribbean islands, library and more. If history and heritage interest you, make sure you don’t miss this museum in Bridgetown.
Barbados Museum & Historical Society Information
- The museum is home to a Barbadian shop.
- You cannot photograph the exhibits.
Barbados Museum & Historical Society Ticket Prices
- Adults: BDS$ 15
- Children: BDS$ 7.50
- Admission is free for Caricom nationals.
How To reach Barbados Museum & Historical Society by Public Transport
- Bus: Princess Alice Bus Terminal
- Fairchild Street Bus Terminal
- Hire a car
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bridgetown before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bridgetown and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Barbados Museum & Historical Society
77.09% of people who visit Bridgetown include Barbados Museum & Historical Society in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
47.55% of people start their Barbados Museum & Historical Society visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Barbados Museum & Historical Society
93.19% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Barbados Museum & Historical Society
Barbados Museum & Historical Society Map
Barbados Museum & Historical Society, Bridgetown Reviews
Kids and us enjoyed a visit here. Very educational and it has kids exhibition too. We didn't make it to the tunnels which is a shame.
My family had a great day at the Barbados Museum. It was very well put together. I was surprisingly impressed by the taxidermy they had (which usually doesn't impress me much, but it is something you don't see often in the Caribbean) They also have a very nice gift shop that I plan to revisit to purchase a map. Accessible via the bridgetown/warrens bus.
I felt like there was a lot missing from the experience, although I would still recommend checking this place out if you want to brush up on your bajan history. The place is SMALL so it's good that the prices are dirt cheap as well (free for locals). Cute little gift shop without insanely marked up prices as most tourist attractions do. Place needs a little TLC, the informative loud speakers are currently not operational.
Great place of antiques n historical information about Barbados origin n cultural heritage also excellent venue for day n night entertainment n good parking
Such an interesting and wonderful museum where you learn so much. Also the lady at the reception is a queen, super fun and smart!
All QuestionsBarbados museum & historical society
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal