Bottom Bay141 Votes
- Address: Harrismith, Barbados, Bridgetown
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Scuba, Snorkeling
Concealed by the crane beach and Sam Lord’s castle, Bottom Bay is a piece of elegance partially enclosed by high coral cliffs, surrounded by tall palm trees offing magnificent views of the south shore. The beach with its warm soothing water kissing the shore through gentle waves is pure temptation for scuba divers and snorkelers. But beware; these gentle looking waves carry a strong current within making the water unadvisable to swim in. Plan a lovely family picnic or a lazy day out at this beach. It sure wouldn’t disappoint you. If you’re lucky you may spot turtles and whales.
Bottom Bay Travel Tips
- Swimming is not recommended at this beach due to strong currents.
- You can visit the neighboring beaches if you wish to swim, dive or snorkel.
- Do not litter on the beach. Help keep it clean.
How to Reach Bottom Bay
- Bus: Speightstown Bus Terminal
- Princess Alice Bus Terminal
- Fairchild Street Bus Terminal
- Hire a car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bridgetown before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bridgetown and book an accommodation of your choice.
24.91% of people who visit Bridgetown include Bottom Bay in their plan
20% of people start their Bottom Bay visit around 6 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see Bottom Bay
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bottom Bay
People normally also visit St Nicholas Abbey while planning their trip to Bottom Bay.