Carlisle Bay173 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Bridgetown, Barbados
- Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Family And Kids, Nature, Unesco Site
Named after the Earl of Carlisle, James Hay, who was recognized as the Lord Proprietor of Barbados back in 1600 s, the Carlisle bay lies in the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage. The crescent shaped bay is a natural harbor on the west coast in Barbados rich with marine life. Carlisle bay is home to a marine park that features ideal spots for scuba diving and snorkeling. The tranquilizing water of the beach is just apt for sunbathing and swimming. There are ample of restaurants and bars that will add to your entertainment on the beach.
Carlisle Bay Travel Tips
- There are showers, toilets and changing rooms at the bay.
- Parking is available.
- You can rent beach chairs and umbrellas at the beach.
- Lifeguards are provided as a safety measure.
- Do not litter on the beach. Keep it clean.
How to Reach Carlisle Bay
- Bus: Princess Alice Bus Terminal
- Fairchild Street Bus Terminal
- Hire a car
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bridgetown before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bridgetown and book an accommodation of your choice.