Nidhe Israel Synagogue299 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Magazine Ln, Bridgetown, Barbados Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2464366869
- Ticket Price: 25 BBD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Synagogue
Many wouldn’t know this, but the oldest synagogue of the Western Hemisphere can be found in Barbados. Built by the Jewish community who arrived on the island in the 1620s and introduced sugarcane to the land, the Nidhe Israel Synagogue is the only synagogue of Barbados.
The edifice, made from cut coral blocks, appear to shine in the sun. The main house of worship had undergone a lot of renovation, restoration and some rebuilding before the administration duties were handed to the Barbados National Trust.
The adjoining museum contains artifacts that help understand the history of the Jewish settlers and how they became a part of the Barbadian community and the milestones they achieved and their subsequent contributions.
Nidhe Israel Synagogue Travel Tips
- For children, tickets are available at B $12.50.
- The Synagogue is not open to public on the weekends.
- Cuz's Fish Shack
- Sahara Arabic Grill and Falafel
- Chilly Moo's
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bridgetown before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bridgetown and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Nidhe Israel Synagogue Address: Magazine Ln, Bridgetown, Barbados
- Nidhe Israel Synagogue Contact Number: +1-2464366869
- Nidhe Israel Synagogue Timing: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Nidhe Israel Synagogue Price: 25 BBD
- Best time to visit Nidhe Israel Synagogue(preferred time): 12:00 pm - 03:00 pm
- Time required to visit Nidhe Israel Synagogue: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
49.34% of people who visit Bridgetown include Nidhe Israel Synagogue in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
90% of people start their Nidhe Israel Synagogue visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Nidhe Israel Synagogue
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nidhe Israel Synagogue
People normally club together Kensington Oval and Mount Gay Visitor Centre while planning their visit to Nidhe Israel Synagogue.