Gallery Of Modern ArtCurrently Closed
- Address: Stanley Pl, South Brisbane QLD 4101, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-738407303
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Gallery, Family And Kids, Sculpture
Gallery Of Modern Art - Review
The Gallery of Modern art can be easily called the ‘Temple of Talent’. It hosts a number of interesting exhibitions that showcase everything from paintings, murals, sculptures and a variety of art. There are a number of interactive features in the Gallery that make the whole experience a memorable one. There are also a number of activities for kids so you don’t have to worry about their entertainment.
Gallery Of Modern Art Information
- The Gallery’s experience depends greatly on which exhibition is happening around the time of your visit. It will help to check on their website before going.
- Although some exhibitions are free, some might have a fee for visitors.
How To reach Gallery Of Modern Art by Public Transport
- By Train, alight at South Brisbane station.By Bus, alight at Cultural Precinct Busway Sation.
Restaurants Near Gallery Of Modern Art
- Goma Bistro
- Goma Restaurant
- Era Bistro
- Punjabi Palace
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brisbane before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brisbane and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Gallery Of Modern Art
95% of people who visit Brisbane include Gallery Of Modern Art in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
47.46% of people start their Gallery Of Modern Art visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Gallery Of Modern Art
63.17% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gallery Of Modern Art
Gallery Of Modern Art Map
Gallery Of Modern Art Trips
Gallery Of Modern Art, Brisbane Reviews
The GOMA in Brisbane is an exceptional gallery. Sitting adjacent the Art Gallery of Queensland it make for an engaging and inspiring visit. The collection of works is varied, diverse and multicultural. The exhibitions range from post-modern installations to culturally significant works. The hosted exhibitions offer a plethora of choice from international and national artists. The only negative, not that it is really, is that on the school holidays it is full of school children, interacting, exploring in a delightful, yet noisy way. As an artist and art educator this is exactly what a gallery should be about. If you like it quiet, select outside those hours and the experience will be more to your liking.
We only did the free stuff, but loved it. Something for the whole family. Kids gallery had school holiday activities. Carparking next door with fixed daily rate.
Absolutely love this place. Usually something going on for the kids but not this visit as they they were updating in preparation for the school holidays. But even so my kids, 8 & 13, really enjoy the artworks. Just dropped in today for the Piccinini exhibition. Quite stunning, absolutely worth the entry fee. I'll be back with the kids 👨👧👦
A good venue, a little light in some galleries. A bit too much emphasis on items by gloomy and troubled artists. More sculpture would be welcome. I am unsure that traditional items made by ethnic groups recently are modern art. Overall craft based items outshine most of the painting or print.
It's a fantastic place! Catering for all. This gallery is world class and a real asset to Queensland and Australia
All QuestionsGallery of modern art
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal