Queensland MuseumCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Melbourne St, Rocklea QLD 4106, Australia, Brisbane
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-738407555
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Educational Site, Family And Kids, Natural History Museum
Queensland Museum - Review
The Queensland museum provides an interesting insight into the evolution of Queensland through interesting displays of art, paintings and videos. A museum of natural history, cultural heritage, science and human achievement, the innovative programs and in-depth explanations keep not just the adults but also the kids quite entertained.
While you’re there, it might be a good idea to visit the Science center which is quite educative and interactive.
Queensland Museum Information
- General admission is free.
- Entry charges apply to the Sciencentre and some special events and exhibitions.
How To reach Queensland Museum by Public Transport
- The bus stop at the Cultural Centre is the closest to the museum.
- The nearest train station is the South Brisbane train station.
Restaurants Near Queensland Museum
- Collector’s cafe at the Museum or Era Bistro.
- Punjab Palace in the vicinity.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brisbane before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brisbane and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Queensland Museum
95% of people who visit Brisbane include Queensland Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
40.33% of people start their Queensland Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Queensland Museum
69.11% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Queensland Museum
Queensland Museum Map
Queensland Museum Trips
Queensland Museum, Brisbane Reviews
I have been to the museum a number of times over the years and most recently to see the mummy exhibit. It's a great place to bring the whole family for a day of fun and learning. Entry to the museum is free although they usually have special exhibits that you have to pay for to see (such as the mummy exhibit). There are plenty of interactive exhibits for a more hands on experience and the dinosaur section is always a hit with the kids. The museum also has a cafe on site that serves good food and coffee if you need a refuel and there is a souvenir shop at the entrance with a variety things to choose from.
Went to see the Egyptian Mummy Exhibition. The museum was huge, exhibits were extremely informative with some hands on options. Several different exhibitions were taking place at the same time with plenty to entertain all ages. Some renovations going on at the moment which will apparently lead to even more to offer. Gift shop has expansive options from dinosaurs to gardening and cook books. Staff were friendly and cafe Muse which is attached had awesome coffee and food. Highly recommended!!
We were lucky to get to see the mummies exhibition. It was great. They have collection of dinosaurs. This makes it really worth a visit. Apart from that. They have a good collection of animals and birds. Illusion section was paid so didn't go. I hope its free so that everyone can see and enjoy.
Great place to visit, and FREE! Great for kids, lots or things to see and do, including the bugs and snakes exhibit. The giant dinosaur in the entrance is a warm welcome for kids and adults alike. We met a fantastic museum guide at the entrance, who welcomed us and showed us how to navigate the museum. Brilliant day out, also a reasonably priced gift shop and café.
Went to The British Museum Mummies exhibit. It was nicely laid out and have us opportunities to look up closely, see fine detail, and even experience scents of ingredients that were used for embalming and healing. It's handicap accessible with toilets available. Easy to get to by public transport.
All QuestionsQueensland museum
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal