Punkva Caves And Macocha AbyssCurrently Open [Closes at 02:00 pm]
- Address: 679 13 Vavřinec, Czech Republic, Brno
- Timings: 08:30 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +420-516418602
- Ticket Price: 180 CZK
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Geological Formation, Trail, River, Adventure
Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss - Review
25 km north of Brno lies an unexpected bit of natural beauty. Over aeons, the subterranean river Punkva has carved out an enchanting system of caves that are now popular among casual visitors and experienced technical spelunkers alike. Once at the large parking spot (it’s easy enough to find), you have the option of taking a bus or electric train to the Punkva Cave Brno entrance or walk the distance. We suggest walk – it’s nicer. In the cave itself you’ll be able to walk subterranean caverns, and ride a boat on the river and then take gondola to the top of the sinkhole at the end. The total present accessible length is 1250m. During the tour, watch for the beautiful, fragile and colourful dripstone formations. There will be refreshments there. There is also the Macocha abyss here, a sinkhole about 137 metres deep and it’s the only one of its kind in Central Europe – this is what the experienced cave divers come for. It is recommended to have Punkva caves reservation in advance as the cave attracts a lot of visitors every year.
Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss Information
- Non-boat tours, shortened tours will cost less.
- Weekend timings may differ. Check website.
- Take the hour long guided tour of the cave.
- Bring warm clothes – it’s about 6 degrees Celsius year round in the cave.
Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss Ticket Prices
- Seniors (65+): 160 CZK
- Children between 6 and 15 years, Disabled above 15 years of age, Students under 26 years: 100 CZK
- Children under 6, disabled between 6 and 15, helpers for visitors with special needs, employees: Free entrance
- Photo and video: Extra 40 CZK
How To reach Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss by Public Transport
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
Restaurants Near Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss
- Refreshment centre halfway through.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brno and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss
95% of people who visit Brno include Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
61.02% of people start their Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss
91.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Punkva Caves And Macocha Abyss