Are you looking for what to do in Brno?
PLACES TO SEE
- Freedom Square: It's an odd shape for a square – more like an “A” really, and you'll often find it’s full of cultural exhibits or shows. It's reasonably nice to look at too. Mostly a pedestrian area and the best of the attractions of Brno are within 10 minutes walk of the square.
- Old Town Hall: Interesting building with a lopsided tower. Features the Brno Dragon and wheel – symbols of the city.
- Spillberk Castle: It used to be a fortress, and then it was a prison. So you can see where people used to be tortured, or spend time checking out the museum instead. Entry Fee: 120 CZK
- Petrov Cathedral: It's the dominant church of the Brno skyline and it's worth a look round, particularly for the crypt.
- Tugendhat Villa: A classic bauhaus villa on the UNESCO world heritage list – it's not open until mid 2012, as it's currently undergoing reconstruction.
- Moravian Museum: Founded in 1817 by Francis I, Brno main museum is the second largest in the Czech Republic. Millions of objects exhibited, on view from Tuesday to Saturday. Entry Fee: 130 CZK
- Capuchin Monastery: Famous for its Baroque statues and mummified monks, spend some time in the church for fascinating insights into Czech culture. Entry Fee: 60 CZK
- Brno Zoo: A pleasant zoo that is home to hundreds of interesting animals, entry fee: 100 CZK.
- Pubs and Nightlife: The same's pretty much true for nights out, there are plenty of pubs in the city and as with all Czech towns beer is a local speciality.
THINGS TO DO
- Shopping: Brno isn't particularly noted for its amazing shopping, and the town offers much of a muchness compared to other cities in the country and region.
- Vankovka Gallery: a huge shopping centre that was built out of the renovation of many old buildings.
Below we have a list of things to do in Brno and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Brno getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Brno with confidence.