Tugendhat Villa2033 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Crnopolní 45, 613 00 Brno, Czech Republic
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +420-515511015
- Ticket Price: 350 CZK
- Tags: Architecture , Heritage Building, Unesco Site
The Villa has a bit of a dramatic history. It was commissioned by Fritz Tugendhat for him and his wife to live in on land that had been gifted to him by his in-laws as a wedding present. When completed, the building was a masterpiece of revolutionary new modernist architecture – one of the first of it’s kind in Europe. Unfortunately, Tudhenhat enjoyed his place for only 8 years before the Munich Agreement dissolved Czechoslovakia in 1938, causing the family to flee the country. They never returned. The Nazis used it during the war… and the Soviets after – a time when it underwent quite a lot of damage and theft. It further came into prominence in when the documents to divide the land into Slovakia and the Czech Republic were signed here. In 1994, the house was opened as a museum and in 2001, declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s also played a prominent role in the movies as the villains’ lair in Hannibal Rising.
Tugendhat Villa Travel Tips
- Tickets will have to be booked online.
- You may pay less if you want to see less. Excluding technical facilities will cost CZK 300
- Tickets often sell out quickly, it’s advisable to book a month in advance if you plan to visit.
- High heeled shoes not allowed.
How to Reach Tugendhat Villa
- Buses on Lesnicka and Drobneho.
- Restaurante Na Chate
- Ceska Pic S.r.o
- The Cat Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brno before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brno and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Brno include Tugendhat Villa in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
66.77% of people start their Tugendhat Villa visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Tugendhat Villa
94.38% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Tugendhat Villa