Queensland Korean War MemorialCurrently Open
- Address: Coast Highway, Cascade Gardens, Broadbeach, Queensland, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Memorial, War Memorial, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
The Korean War memorial is located in the northern section of Cascade gardens at Broadbeach. The memorial is in a beautiful setting, where the Republic of Korea and Korean communities residing in Australia contributed in raising the Queensland Korean War memorial. It is a tribute to the conventional war that happened between the United Nations supported South Korea and the China backed North Korea. It is a must visit site for the history and war study enthusiasts.
Highlights and must sees include:
- The central sculpture of a Korean War era Australian soldier.
- Korean design walls
- A Series of 10 relief murals that represent the different forces – Army, Air-force and Navy.
- The Busan War Grave
- Original battlefield stones presented by the Republic of Korea.
- Two Korean Pagodas
Queensland Korean War Memorial Travel Tips
- Almost all the displays have descriptions in both English and Korean on them.
How to Reach Queensland Korean War Memorial
- Walk or hire a taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Broadbeach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Broadbeach and book an accommodation of your choice.