Events and Festivals in Broome, Australia
Events and Festivals in Broome
- Shinju Matsuri Festival of the Pearl (5th-14th September): Broome’s pearling industry has given the world many of the best gifts the sea has given to mankind. During its initial years, many Japanese pearl divers helped Broome in its quest to look for quality pearls; an endeavor that claimed many a life of the divers. The Japanese Cemetery at Broome is a tribute to all those who lost their lives to pearl diving. Every year, the Shinju Matsuri Festival of the Pearl to honor Broome’s pearl industry and the hardships and achievements it’s achieved. This week long celebration includes parades, boat races, concerts and stalls of food.
- Broome Mango Festival (November): For all those traveling to Broome in the wet season, here’s your wet season. What’s the one fruit that thrives the best in rainy weather? That’s right, the king of all fruits! Come November, the last week of the month is dedicated to celebrating this well loved fruit with people showing off the different ways you can enjoy the fruit. A variety of competitions like the Mango Quiz, Mango Cocktail Competition, and various food stalls selling Mango jams and other such delicacies.
- Staircase to the Moon (March-October): Broome’s equivalent of the Aurora Borealis, the Staircase to the Moon too is a phenomenon that is only visible for a few months, provided the weather conditions don’t act up too much. Staircase to the Moon is caused when a full moon rises and the rays expose the tidal flats of Roebuck Bay and it creates an illusion of a staircase that literally leads to the moon. This natural optical illusion can be seen two to three times in a month. Check Broome’s Visitor Centre for accurate timings of the Staircase.
Trip plans for Broome
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Broome
Broome Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Broome
Broome Town Tour
Duration: 6 Hrs
Shaped by a romantic pearling history, Broome offers a captivating and spectacular landscape. The atmosphere is relaxed, the ...Book Now
Save 7%15-Day Camping Tour from Darwin to Broome Including Mitchell Falls New on TripHobo
Duration: 15 Days
Experience the best of the Northern Territory on this 15-day 4WD tour from Darwin to Broome. Explore the highlights of the Ki...
Cape Leveque Adventure
Duration: 11 Hrs 30 Mins
Explore the magical remoteness of Cape leveque. Its coastal wilderness, on the very tip of the Dampier Peninsula, will genuin...Book Now
9-Day Broome to Darwin Multi-Day Camping Adventure Including Gibb River Road, Bungle Bungles and Lake Argyle New on TripHobo
Duration: 9 Days
Choose this Broome to Darwin Kimberley multi-day tour operating since 1997 and enjoy camping, hiking and swimming across the ...Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cable Beach
- Events & Festivals in Willare
- Events & Festivals in Dampier Peninsula
- Events & Festivals in Geegully Creek
- Events & Festivals in Sydney
- Events & Festivals in Melbourne
- Events & Festivals in Adelaide
- Events & Festivals in Geelong
- Events & Festivals in Perth
- Events & Festivals in Surfers Paradise