Events and Festivals in Broome
Events and Festivals in Broome
- Shinju Matsuri Festival of the Pearl (5th-14th September): Broome’s pearling industry has given the world many of the best gifts the sea has given to mankind. During its initial years, many Japanese pearl divers helped Broome in its quest to look for quality pearls; an endeavor that claimed many a life of the divers. The Japanese Cemetery at Broome is a tribute to all those who lost their lives to pearl diving. Every year, the Shinju Matsuri Festival of the Pearl to honor Broome’s pearl industry and the hardships and achievements it’s achieved. This week long celebration includes parades, boat races, concerts and stalls of food.
- Broome Mango Festival (November): For all those traveling to Broome in the wet season, here’s your wet season. What’s the one fruit that thrives the best in rainy weather? That’s right, the king of all fruits! Come November, the last week of the month is dedicated to celebrating this well loved fruit with people showing off the different ways you can enjoy the fruit. A variety of competitions like the Mango Quiz, Mango Cocktail Competition, and various food stalls selling Mango jams and other such delicacies.
- Staircase to the Moon (March-October): Broome’s equivalent of the Aurora Borealis, the Staircase to the Moon too is a phenomenon that is only visible for a few months, provided the weather conditions don’t act up too much. Staircase to the Moon is caused when a full moon rises and the rays expose the tidal flats of Roebuck Bay and it creates an illusion of a staircase that literally leads to the moon. This natural optical illusion can be seen two to three times in a month. Check Broome’s Visitor Centre for accurate timings of the Staircase.
Trip plans for Broome
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of
Broome Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Broome
33 Reviews Duration: 6 Hrs
See the sights of Broome, the star of Western Australias Kimberley region, on a comprehensive half-day tour. The tour takes y...
USD 79.02Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 9 Days
A 9-day action-packed Kimberley trip where you get to hike, swim and camp in some of the most spectacular locations in outbac...
USD 1515.78Book Now
21 Reviews Duration: 15 Hrs
Visit two of the Kimberley regions most popular attractions on a full-day trip by 4WD to Windjana Gorge and Tunnel Creek. Enj...
USD 206.73Book Now
2 Reviews Duration: 6 Hrs
A great afternoon tour taking in the highlights of Broome, providing an insight into the heritage of this charming town and c...
USD 71.04Book Now
- Events & Festivals in Cities Near Broome
- Events & Festivals in Cable Beach
- Events & Festivals in Geegully Creek
- Events & Festivals in Willare
- Events & Festivals in Dampier Peninsula
- Events & Festivals in Derby
- Events & Festivals in Cities around the world
- Events & Festivals in Balite (pob.)
- Events & Festivals in Machnówka
- Events & Festivals in Gröbzig
- Events & Festivals in Ha Kwai Chung General Out-patient Clinic
- Events & Festivals in Saint-roch
- Events & Festivals in Mezőszilas
- Events & Festivals in Bordj Ghédir
- Events & Festivals in Videm Pri Ptuju
- Events & Festivals in Schulendorf
- Events & Festivals in Écoteaux