Stairway To MoonCurrently Open
- Address: East off Port Drive | Kimberley Region, Broome, Western Australia 6725, Australia
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: View Point, Family And Kids, Nature
If you love a little bit of magic on your travels, head straight to the Roebuck Bay- a pristine beach with red sand, home to a rare optical magic- the Stairway to Moon!
On a full moon night of extremely low tides, the mudflats carry just enough water to reflect a part of the moon on its mud-steps; giving rise to an optical illusion of a stairway to the Moon.
For travellers who visit the bay during the day, try to accommodate days of low as well as high tides as the place is strikingly different according to its tidal reach! A true gem and a well kept secret- the place oozes romance, soul and a part of the universe that you can carry in your memories forever.
- Try to visit the bay both during Low and High Tides as the place is known for its striking transformation during the tidal changes.
- Carry sunscreen and hats for day time visits.
- Do visit the place of a full moon night.
- Rent a Car or Bike to reach the place.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Broome before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Broome and book an accommodation of your choice.
72.48% of people who visit Broome include Stairway To Moon in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
34.15% of people start their Stairway To Moon visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Stairway To Moon
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Stairway To Moon