Bruges Waterways, Bruges
About Bruges Waterways, Bruges
Bruges Waterways, Bruges - Address, Ticket Price
Address: Bruges, Belgium
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 36K times in trip plans
Waterfront, Family And Kids, Boating
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There's something especially charming about a town criss-crossed with canals. It harks back to an era where one had to make compromises with nature while building structures and eventually the town would come to use their disadvantage to their benefit, in this case it was a sea flooding their town in medieval times. Canals are just as useful as roads, even more if a lot of goods are being ferried about, which the case was during Bruges' Golden Era when it was a busy port and a centre of commerce in Northern Europe.
The Gothic medieval architecture may not be as bright or inviting, but along with the waterways they have a sort of appeal which earned them the moniker "Venice of the North”. You could walk along the canals; the more popular and far more enjoyable option is to go for a boat ride around the waterways.
Bruges Waterways Information
- Take the boat ride around the Bruges waterways. Make it a guided boat tour where the entire town and its history is laid out to you. As you travel you will also see the relation between growth of the town and the waterways.
- The canals run all around the town, so expect to see them everywhere. You plan a boat ride as part of your historic centre excursion.
- The boat is a great way to see the entire town. Not only do you get a feel of the area but you can also scope out future activities, say an interesting building to visit later or a historical site you would like to spend a lot of time at.
- If you go on the boat you'll be whipped around in cool air so bring a jacket or a sweater.
- Pay heed to the person handling the boat, there are a few low bridges that could hurt you.
- Obviously not recommended for those who feel uncomfortable around water, but if you step out of your comfort zone you'll get to experience one of the best things at Bruges.
- The Venice of the North, canals criss-cross this Gothic medieval town.
Bruges Waterways Ticket Prices
- The price of a boat ride is around 7 or 8 Euros.
How To reach Bruges Waterways by Public Transport
- Any bus to the historic centre and a five to ten minute walk and you will be there.
Restaurants Near Bruges Waterways
- There are plenty of places to eat around the historic centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
Bruges Waterways, Bruges Reviews - Write a Review
For EUR 8 per person, these canal boat rides offer good views of the key historical spots in Brugge. Had a captain with a good sense of humour, keeping the tourists from various nationalities amused throughout the ride. These boat rides can be booked anywhere along the canals in the city and last about 30mins. Must try while in Brugge, even though it may seem very touristy.
I think it's worth 8euros. 30min boat ride, our guide was pretty good. Quick way to get acquainted with Brugge. Boat rides can be found in slot of places.
8€ per person for a nice trip. Strongly recommended. You will have the opportunity of seeing most popular places in Brugge from the canal. Try to sit at the rear of the boat to take better photos. I share you some of my pictures here.
Great and informative tour. You see parts which you wouldn't see normally. Tour was 8 Euro. The only thing is you sometimes can't hear the guide as the sound can be muffled.
A nice relaxing way to view the city from a different perspective. There is also the benefit of getting away from the crowds. Don't sit right at the back if you want to hear all of the pilot's commentary.
- Nearby Attractions
- Beer Wall
- Brugs Beertje
- Huisbrouwerij De Halve Maan
- Gentse Gruut Brouwerij
- Hotel Ibis
- 't Brugs Beertje
- Bruges Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bruges
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bruges
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bruges
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bruges
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bruges
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bruges