- Address: Burg Square, Bruges, Belgium
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:30 Hrs
- Tags: Walking Area, Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids, Architecture
In its golden age between the 12th and the 15th centuries Bruges was a booming town. And a growing town can't make do with one square. Burg square is the town's second medieval square. A similar feel to the Markt Square with its cafes and shops but without the looming presence of the Belfry over you. The architecture here is fantastic; just walk around slowly soaking in the beauty. Take a camera along, but you'll end up boring your friends because you'll find a lot of fascinating architectural bits and bobbles to capture. Sometimes there are live music performances in the square. Some of the buildings of note are the Town Hall, the Basilica of the Holy Blood and the Old Civil Registry, which is, surprisingly for Bruges, built in the Renaissance style.
Acquaint yourself with the renaissance style medieval square of Burg taking the tickets for Burg. While the architectural fascinating square is free to explore, we recommend you to buy tickets for Burg as the Burg tickets come with an experienced guide who will give a detailed info on the significance of the place. Burg ticket prices are available at the tours section for you see and be sure to book tickets for Burg to have a wholesome experience.
- Come in the evening to have a beer at one of the bars and see the buildings all lit up.
- Perfect for a stroll at anytime of the day. Walk around and admire the architecture.
- Part of the historic centre of Bruges, and only a short walk from the Markt, so you can plan your trip keeping that in mind.
- The Town Hall, the Bishop's Palace, the Old Civil Registry and the Basilica of Holy Blood are located here.
- Market squares are tourist traps. Which means that the service will be good, the food not so much and the prices you'll have to watch out for. There are places a few streets away that have better and more authentic food.
- It's smaller than Markt square, but just as important!
- A charming medieval square, the town's political hub.
- No parking at square, a few minutes walking distance away.
- Disability/Wheelchair accessible.
- Any bus to the historic centre and a five to ten minute walk and you will be there.
- There are plenty of places to eat around the historic centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
78.92% of people who visit Bruges include Burg in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
37.38% of people start their Burg visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
2 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 2 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Burg
91.46% of people prefer walking in order to reach Burg