Choco-story Museum, Bruges
Choco-story Museum, Bruges - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Wijnzakstraat 2, 8000 Brugge, Belgium
Ticket Price: 7 EUR
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 12.7K times in trip plans
Museum, Children Museum, Family And Kids, Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Choco-story Museum, Bruges
Most children dream of working at chocolate factories from the minute they discover chocolate. At first it starts out as pure glee at the thought of having unlimited access to chocolate and then it grows into a desire to know how something this wonderful comes to be. Choco-Story, the chocolate museum, satiates the adults and the children who have this question. Housed in a building that dates back to the 15th century the museum displays the history of chocolate, from the Mayan civilisation's cacao drink to modern day chocolates. At the end of the tour the visitors are shown how chocolate is made and are given free samples. For those who don't know, Belgian chocolates are amongst the finest in the world. Perfect for the chocolate lover in you!
Choco-story Museum Information
- Last ticket sold at 4:15 pm.
- Definitely buy some of their chocolate, or at least taste the batch they make for you.
- If you have kids you'll have a lovely time here!
- Part of the historic centre of Bruges, and only a short walk from the Markt, so you can plan your trip keeping that in mind.
- The chocolates available here are some of the best, but you can find other brands and chocolates at more reasonable prices outside.
- A museum of chocolate that shows how they are made housed in a medieval building.
- Biekorf parking Naaldenstraat 10 or on Sint-Jansplein street.
Choco-story Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults : 7 Euros, Seniors (65 and above) and students : 6 Euros
- Children (6 to 11) : 4 Euros , Children under the age of 6 have free entry.
How To reach Choco-story Museum by Public Transport
- Walking/cycling distance from the bus stop at the edge of the historic centre.
Restaurants Near Choco-story Museum
- Restaurante Curiosa (French, moderately expensive, casual)
- Bierbrasserie Cambrinus (bar/Belgian, moderately expensive, casual)
- Baobab (International, highly expensive, casual)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
Choco-story Museum, Bruges Reviews - Write a Review
Fun place with lots of information about chocolate. There is also things for kids to do so they aren't bored by all the reading. You get a bar of chocolate as your ticket and small samples along the way. The shop is reasonably priced and has a good selection.
Has very interesting facts about chocolate and its extensive history. They also have chocolate samples throughout to show the differences between different kinds of chocolate and which region they come from. The chocolatier was concise and made sure everyone could hear and understand him.
Really nice museum. You can learn a lot about chocolate and the demonstration was amazing. The chocolatier has a great knowledge and he was very friendly. Also, you can try different types of chocolate. I highly recommend the visit.
Nice way to while away an hour! It does it's best to appeal to children but doesn't live up to expectations. The staff are friendly and helpful, and the demonstration was interesting. Not somewhere to rush to, but definitely worth it on a rainy autumn day!
obviously the chocolates were really good! u get plenty for free inside. tight spaces if you are carrying a baby stroller... can learn a lot about chocolates from this place. recommended.