Historic Centre, Bruges
About Historic Centre, Bruges
Historic Centre, Bruges - Address
Address: Historic Centre, Bruges, Belgium
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 38.2K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Square, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
“It’s a fairy-tale town, isn’t it?” That was a line from "In Bruges", a crime drama shot entirely in Bruges. And it is an accurate description of the town. It does have a certain fairy-tale like quality about it with its beautiful medieval Gothic architecture and cobbled streets and the abundance of criss-crossed canals which has given it the nick name the Venice of the North. If Bruges is the classic fairy tale town then the historic centre of Bruges is where the prince and princess defeat their magical foes and are paraded around. The Gothic buildings in the centre date back a few centuries and it’s perfect for a stroll or a carriage ride to soak in the history.
Visit and admire the Gothic architecture of Historic Centre in Bruges with various tours that make your visit more nuanced. Although there are no tickets for Historic Centre, you can always make your visit more enlightened by booking tours. As you buy tickets for Historic Centre, you get to see this attraction as per your convenience and preference. Historic centre tickets and tours will be your gateway to understand the past of Bruges better. And if you are interested to know detailed prices for tours, you can check out the section below for Historic Centre Ticket prices.
Historic Centre Information
- Read up or take a guided tour.
- For the fairytale experience you can get a horse drawn carriages can show you the sights of the town. The cobbled streets are an added bonus.
- Cycling around town is also a good way to take in the sights. It is a small town and all the attractions are close by.
- It can be quite cold during late autumn, winter and early spring, so dress appropriately.
- It is usually crowded with tourists here and thus expensive as well. Budget restaurants and bars can be found. Don’t let the crowd ruin your experience, or visit at off hours.
- A historic centre full of medieval Gothic architecture and fairytale charm.
- There are car parks a few minutes away from the centre, cars are not allowed in the centre.
How To reach Historic Centre by Public Transport
- There are frequent buses to the historic centre of Bruges.
Restaurants Near Historic Centre
- There are plenty of places to eat around the historic centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
Historic Centre, Bruges Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Cambrinus Bar
- Hotel Salvators
- The Begijnhof
- De Wilde Wingerd
- Carrefour Market Sijsele
- Camping Memling
- Koningin Astridpark
- Centre Of Modern
- Station Brugge
- Bruges Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Bruges
- What to See in 48 Hours in Bruges
- What to See in 72 Hours in Bruges
- How to Spend 5 Days in Bruges
- How to Spend 6 Days in Bruges
- How to Spend 7 Days in Bruges