How to Reach Bruges
- By Air: To get to Bruges by air, you will have to take a flight to Brussels and then take a train or car to Bruges.
- By Train: Bruges is well connected to most big European cities by train. From Brussels, there is a train leaving every 30 minutes for Bruges.
- By Taxi: Taxis are available near the city center and the train station. But in a place like Bruges, surrounded by scenic canals, taxis are the most vapid mode of transport.
- By Public Transport: There is a small network of buses that operate in Bruges. There are a number of buses that travel to the city center for a cost of about 1.50 Euros. Hop on any bus that reads ‘Centrum’.
- By Hired Car: It’s almost a shame for a beautiful city like Bruges to have cars as a mode of transport (horse-drawn carriages would fit better). If you do insist on travelling on four wheels, be warned that Bruges is a one-way city with confusing streets. Although parking is not such a problem because of the dedicated car-parks near the train station and in town as well, parking is not cheap.
- By Bicycles: Oh what a dreamy ride around Bruges could do to relax a mind! Bicycles are the ideal way to get around in Bruges. Take a guided tour on your bike or get lost in this quaint town all by yourself. There are a number of cycle-renting companies in Bruges. Light on the pocket and good for your health!
|Sint-michiels to Bruges||3.19 km||3 mins|
|Assebroek to Bruges||3.37 km||3 mins|
|Desselgem to Bruges||38.37 km||38 mins|
|Ghent to Bruges||57.19 km||57 mins|
|Lille to Bruges||67.01 km||1 hour 7 mins|
|Ath to Bruges||88.83 km||1 hour 28 mins|
|Aalst to Bruges||95.58 km||1 hour 35 mins|
|Mons to Bruges||116.58 km||1 hour 56 mins|
|Antwerp to Bruges||130.99 km||2 hours 10 mins|
|Brussels to Bruges||131.25 km||2 hours 11 mins|