You've been walking around Bruges all day, from one Gothic building to another, and now your feet are weary and your eyes are drooping. You'd welcome anything that would relax and comfort your body and mind. That's when you stumble into a not easily findable crevice in the town. And you are almost lulled to sleep by a man playing the harp. For free.
Luc Vanlaere, does what he loves and doesn't even charge for it. Donations are welcome and you can pick up a CD if you liked his music, but he's fine if you drop by and just appreciate his music. The man composes his own music on the harp and plays it for an audience, three shows a day, five days a week, all year long. Music, a lifelong passion in his case, is hard work but the harpist loves what he does and is willing to do it for free. So take some time out of your day for a truly splendid musical performance from a talented and skilled artist. Buildings don't make a great city, people do, and Luc Vanlaere is testament to that as he is one of the most popular and well loved attractions in town.
- Each performance lasts around 35 to 40 minutes.
- Donate or buy one of his CDs if you enjoyed his music. It is important to appreciate and support artists who are willing to perform for free.
- There are only about 60 seats. Donations are accepted, but are not mandatory.
- Come early if you want to get a good seat, there are only 60 seats.
- Children must be accompanied by their parents, try to keep their noise level to a minimum. People who come with their children will be seated at the back, and parents have to take responsibility to leave if they make noise.
- Babies are not allowed. They can disrupt the performance.
- Don't heckle or scream out song requests. This is an artist, not your club's DJ.
- An incredibly talented harpist and composer who performs for free is the biggest human tourist attraction in Bruges.
- It is wheelchair accessible.
- Tuesday to Saturday : first performance at 3 pm, second at 5 pm, third 6:30 pm.
- 1st of January to the 15th of February he performs only on Saturdays, and he does not perform from the 16th of February to the 17th of March.
- Buses on Heilige Gestraat
- Maison de Steban
- Raile City Brugge
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.1% of people who visit Bruges include Luc Vanlaere Harp Concert in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
95% of people start their Luc Vanlaere Harp Concert visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Luc Vanlaere Harp Concert
70.13% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Luc Vanlaere Harp Concert