Stadhuis Town Hall2094 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Burg 12, Bruges, Belgium Map
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-50448111
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building, Hall
Built in the Burg back in 1376, the Town Hall is officially the oldest building in Bruges. It is a brilliant example of the beautiful Flamboyant Gothic style that came over from France; in fact it was to be its last architectural export for a while as Italy soon upended it with the Renaissance. The interiors are just as rich, the oak ceiling of the entrance hall is decorated with happenings from the Bible. The building is home to the city's governance, and it has been for the last 700 years. The lower floor of the building houses an exhibition that chronicles the history and the development of the Burg and the city over the years. Fantastic 19th century artwork hangs in the second floor of the building.
Stadhuis Town Hall Travel Tips
- Tickets are last available for purchase at 4:30 pm.
- Definitely visit and view the exhibitions, the rooms and the artwork.
- Come back in the evening or at night to see the building lit up beautifully.
- Part of the historic centre of Bruges, and only a short walk from the Markt, so you can plan your trip keeping that in mind.
- The Bishop's Palace, the Old Civil Registry and the Basilica of Holy Blood are also located here.
- Market squares are tourist traps. Which means that the service will be good, the food not so much and the prices you'll have to watch out for. There are places a few streets away that have better and more authentic food.
- No parking at square, a few minutes walking distance away.
Entrance Ticket Details For Stadhuis Town Hall
- Adults 4 Euros, Seniors (above 65) and youth (below 26) 3 Euros, Children (below 12) Free.
How to Reach Stadhuis Town Hall
- Any bus to the historic centre and a five to ten minute walk and you will be there.
- There are plenty of places to eat around the historic centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Stadhuis Town Hall Address: Burg 12, Bruges, Belgium
- Stadhuis Town Hall Contact Number: +32-50448111
- Stadhuis Town Hall Timing: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm
- Stadhuis Town Hall Price: 4 EUR
- Best time to visit Stadhuis Town Hall(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Stadhuis Town Hall: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
48.74% of people who visit Bruges include Stadhuis Town Hall in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
59.4% of people start their Stadhuis Town Hall visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stadhuis Town Hall
67.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Stadhuis Town Hall
People normally club together Burg and Choco-story Museum while planning their visit to Stadhuis Town Hall.