Stadhuis Town HallCurrently Closed
- Address: Burg 12, Bruges, Belgium
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-50448111
- Ticket Price: 4 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Heritage Building, Hall
Stadhuis Town Hall - Review
Built in the Burg back in 1376, the Town Hall is officially the oldest building in Bruges. It is a brilliant example of the beautiful Flamboyant Gothic style that came over from France; in fact it was to be its last architectural export for a while as Italy soon upended it with the Renaissance. The interiors are just as rich, the oak ceiling of the entrance hall is decorated with happenings from the Bible. The building is home to the city's governance, and it has been for the last 700 years. The lower floor of the building houses an exhibition that chronicles the history and the development of the Burg and the city over the years. Fantastic 19th century artwork hangs in the second floor of the building.
Stadhuis Town Hall Information
- Tickets are last available for purchase at 4:30 pm.
- Definitely visit and view the exhibitions, the rooms and the artwork.
- Come back in the evening or at night to see the building lit up beautifully.
- Part of the historic centre of Bruges, and only a short walk from the Markt, so you can plan your trip keeping that in mind.
- The Bishop's Palace, the Old Civil Registry and the Basilica of Holy Blood are also located here.
- Market squares are tourist traps. Which means that the service will be good, the food not so much and the prices you'll have to watch out for. There are places a few streets away that have better and more authentic food.
- No parking at square, a few minutes walking distance away.
Stadhuis Town Hall Ticket Prices
- Adults 4 Euros, Seniors (above 65) and youth (below 26) 3 Euros, Children (below 12) Free.
How To reach Stadhuis Town Hall by Public Transport
- Any bus to the historic centre and a five to ten minute walk and you will be there.
Restaurants Near Stadhuis Town Hall
- There are plenty of places to eat around the historic centre.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Bruges before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Bruges and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Stadhuis Town Hall
59.6% of people who visit Bruges include Stadhuis Town Hall in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
59.4% of people start their Stadhuis Town Hall visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Stadhuis Town Hall
67.44% of people prefer walking in order to reach Stadhuis Town Hall
Stadhuis Town Hall Trips
Stadhuis Town Hall, Bruges Reviews
At No. 12 of the square we see the Town Hall Stands from 1375 with its facade decorated with turrets and statues. The original was destroyed by the bombings of the French. The building is located the mayor's office and the hall of the city council. From the reception area, the staircase leads to a beautiful Gothic conference room open to the public with a ticket. Impeccably renovated, it features a beautiful wood-carved roof with 16 columns that feature representations of the seasons and elements of nature. The paintings represent an important fact in the history of the city and were completed in 1895.
Beautiful and old City Hall. There is a museum inside of it.
Interesting picturesque ornate facade.
Very nice and beauty City Hall with clean environment 😘i love brugge city and around. Very nice view with canal around.
City Hall (Stadhuis) is a superb building that has been altered by time and events over the life of the city. Public access is free to the entrance hall (with some displays and multimedia), but access upstairs to the Gothic Hall (Gotische Zaal) and display room costs (Museum Pass accepted).