Basilica Of The Sacred HeartCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 1083 Brussels, Belgium
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-24211667
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Begun in 1905, completed in 1970, this massive church is the fifth largest in the whole world. It started out as a neo-Gothic Basilica, then lack of funding and construction delays eventually led to its redesign as the Art Deco building you see today. Indeed, it is the largest Art Deco building in the world. Highlights include:
- A lift that takes you up to the basilica dome for panoramas of Brussels. You won't find a better photograph of Brussels than from up here.
- Museum of the Black Sisters: the museum belongs the Black sisters sect, and showcases their art and artefacts, such as furniture and paintings and lace.
- Museum of Religious Modern Art: 250 paintings and sculptures
Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Brussels itinerary 3 days.
Basilica Of The Sacred Heart Travel Tips
- Panorama tickets are bought by card only, no cash.
Entrance Ticket Details For Basilica Of The Sacred Heart
- Panorama: EUR 5 (EUR 4 for 10+)
Basilica Of The Sacred Heart Hours
- May - September: 10am-5pm
- October - April: 10am-4pm
- Last entry 30 minutes before closing time
Musee des Sœurs Noires (Museum of the Black Sisters): Open Wednesday only, by appointment 2 p.m- 4 p.mMusee d'Art moderne religieux Museum of Religious Modern Art): Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays 2 p.m- 4 p.m, by appointment only
How to Reach Basilica Of The Sacred Heart
- Tram 19 stop College Sacre-Coeur
- Buses 49, 87, 213 , 214, N16 stop Riethuisen
- Bus 355 stop Bossaert-Basiliq.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.24% of people who visit Brussels include Basilica Of The Sacred Heart in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
54.55% of people start their Basilica Of The Sacred Heart visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Basilica Of The Sacred Heart
86.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilica Of The Sacred Heart