Basilique Notre Dame De Bon SecoursCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Rue du Marché au Charbon 91, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25143113
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
A chapel once stood here in the 12 century. In the 13th century a church dedicated to Saint Jacques le Majeur was erected and pilgrims would stop here. In 1625 the discovery of a miraculous Virgin Mary statue increased the church’s popularity, leading to the construction of Baroque Chapel. Damaged in the 1695 bombing and restored in the 17th century, the church has since been unharmed. Highlights:
- The confessionals with medallions of Biblical characters who admitted remorse
- 14th century wooden statue of Our Lady of Good Help on a white marble altar
- Beautiful organ
- A nice collection of paintings and murals
Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours Hours
- Verify timings with the church before your visit.
How to Reach Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours
- Buses 48, 95 stop Parlement Bruxellois
- Buses 46, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16 stop Anneessens
- Trams 3, 4 32 stop Anneessens
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.08% of people who visit Brussels include Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours in their plan
50% of people start their Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours
Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours Reviews & Ratings
Stunning small church in the centre of Brussels. Huge dome, one of the highest I've seen in such a small church. Peace and tranquility, perfect.
Now (23/04/19)is close to the public, you are not even allow to enter to the island where it is located
Nice church! Beautiful architecture.
Is a small church but there was a guy playing the organ really well make the time inside very nice
An old church with a particular architecture and an example. Romantic and fascinating atmosphere. People are praying with a special rhythm. Maybe another day ...