Basilique Notre Dame De Bon SecoursCurrently Closed
- Address: Rue du Marché au Charbon 91, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25143113
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours - Review
A chapel once stood here in the 12 century. In the 13th century a church dedicated to Saint Jacques le Majeur was erected and pilgrims would stop here. In 1625 the discovery of a miraculous Virgin Mary statue increased the church’s popularity, leading to the construction of Baroque Chapel. Damaged in the 1695 bombing and restored in the 17th century, the church has since been unharmed. Highlights:
- The confessionals with medallions of Biblical characters who admitted remorse
- 14th century wooden statue of Our Lady of Good Help on a white marble altar
- Beautiful organ
- A nice collection of paintings and murals
Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours Hours
- Verify timings with the church before your visit.
How To reach Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours by Public Transport
- Buses 48, 95 stop Parlement Bruxellois
- Buses 46, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16 stop Anneessens
- Trams 3, 4 32 stop Anneessens
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours
0.08% of people who visit Brussels include Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours in their plan
50% of people start their Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours
50% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours
Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours Trips
Basilique Notre Dame De Bon Secours, Brussels Reviews
Is a small church but there was a guy playing the organ really well make the time inside very nice
An old church with a particular architecture and an example. Romantic and fascinating atmosphere. People are praying with a special rhythm. Maybe another day ...
Small baroque pearl in city centre
Nice place to visit