Chapel Church12 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Place de la Chapelle, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25383087
- Time Required: 00:15 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
This 12th century church, given a Gothic makeover in the 13th century, contains the relics of some important people. Chief among them is Pieter Bruegel the Elder, the Dutch 16th century master painter. The other relics are of Saint Boniface of Brussels and Francois Anneessens who was a guild leader civil rights campaigner executed for voicing his opinions. You’ll find a statue of the latter in the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament. The church’s architecture is notable for the distinct transition in styles from Romanesque (transept and choir), to Gothic (the rest of the church).
How to Reach Chapel Church
- Buses 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16 stop Cesar de Paepe.
- Buses 27, 48, N12 stop Chapelle.
- Trams 92, 93 stop Royale.
- Metro 2, 6 stop Louise.
- Metro 1, 5 stop Gare Centrale.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.12% of people who visit Brussels include Chapel Church in their plan
95% of people start their Chapel Church visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Chapel Church
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Chapel Church
People normally also visit Notre Dame Du Sablon while planning their trip to Chapel Church.