Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere, Brussels
Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere, Brussels - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rue Neuve 76, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 180 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere, Brussels
An elegant Gothic church completed in 1730, it stands out in a relatively unremarkable neighborhood. The first chapel here was destroyed by invading forces. The one you see today is the third church on the site, a beautiful and curvaceous Renaissance and Brabant Baroque building. Look for the following highlights inside:
- Chapel of Our Lady of Good Success: a miraculous statue of the Virgin.
- Three white marble altars.
- A huge 1758 pulpit with a great wooden canopy.
- Various artworks from the 16th to 18th centuries.
- Tall columns rising into an airy and bright nave.
- Bright stained glass windows.
- A magnificent and regal looking organ.
- stucco decorations by François Antoine Per.
How To reach Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere by Public Transport
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere.
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg.
- Subway 2, 6, stop Rogier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Brussels
Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
Did not manage to enter the church. The church looks very old and is a great contrast with the new shopping malls nearby.
Nice barroque and classical church squeezed into the shopping street Rue Neuve. It's a sharp contrast to the modern building of City2 in front of it. I wouldn't make an extra trip for it, but worth a look if you are nearby.
Didn't get in, but still worth a try.
Great church, great architecture in middle of city center
Interesting church build by French Breton's . In the middle of the main commercial Street of Brussels!