Church Of Notre-dame Du FinistereCurrently Closed
- Address: Rue Neuve 76, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +32-22175252
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
An elegant Gothic church completed in 1730, it stands out in a relatively unremarkable neighborhood. The first chapel here was destroyed by invading forces. The one you see today is the third church on the site, a beautiful and curvaceous Renaissance and Brabant Baroque building. Look for the following highlights inside:
- Chapel of Our Lady of Good Success: a miraculous statue of the Virgin.
- Three white marble altars.
- A huge 1758 pulpit with a great wooden canopy.
- Various artworks from the 16th to 18th centuries.
- Tall columns rising into an airy and bright nave.
- Bright stained glass windows.
- A magnificent and regal looking organ.
- stucco decorations by François Antoine Per.
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere.
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg.
- Subway 2, 6, stop Rogier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.14% of people who visit Brussels include Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere in their plan
95% of people start their Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere visit around 10 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere
95% of people prefer to travel by train while visiting Church Of Notre-dame Du Finistere
Haven't been inside but passed by it almost 2-3 days a week for the past few years and sat in front of it in a restaurants for lunches and coffee. Is an imposing, beautiful dated building, needing constant care and repairs. Good to cover in the tour-plan for church visitors. Is right on the shopping street and very easily reachable from the town centre, either by walk, local transport.
It is an active church for who wants to pray and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere inside. You can Always find the bishop when it’s open. Architecturally I love it, the roof is white and amazing. You can buy a post card and send it to whom you love.
The Notre Dame is beautiful. There's a lovely letter to the public in the back from the Bishop emphasizing the church is not a museum, but a living and active church. It was the perfect place to get away from the hectic pace outside, and pray and meditate. Everything was just magnificent.
Beautiful Church ⛪️ ❤️
One of the most beautiful church in Belgium! The beautiful architecture, pleasant atmosphere and holly environment! Definitely recommend to come and visit!