Eglise De Saint-gilles6 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue de l'Eglise Saint-Gilles 67, 1060 Saint-Gilles, Belgium, Brussels Map
- Timings: 07:30 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25374991
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
The first church on this location was built in the 13th century to serve the hamlet of Obbrusse. Destroyed in the 16th century, it was replaced by second church, which again suffered heavy damage in the bombardments of 1695. Restored and enlarged in the 19th century, the church, when completed, had an Eclectic architectural style. It has some nice stained glass windows.
- A bell tower flanked by two side chapels.
- Scenes from the life of St. Gilles carved on the portal.
- An oak pulpit with six statues.
- Romanesque style choir altar
- Romanesque style chapels for the Virgin and Saint Gilles.
- Frescoes of angels and saints by Arthur Van Gramberen.
- An organ with the statue of King David.
How to Reach Eglise De Saint-gilles
- Trams 3, 4 51; Buses 48, N12 stop Parvis de Saint-Gilles
- Tram 81 stop Barriere
- Subway 2, 6; Trams 3, 4, 51 stop Hallepoort
- Buses 27, 48, 123, 136, 137, 365a, W stop Saint-Gilles Porte de Hal
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Eglise De Saint-gilles Address: Rue de l'Eglise Saint-Gilles 67, 1060 Saint-Gilles, Belgium, Brussels
- Eglise De Saint-gilles Contact Number: +32-25374991
- Eglise De Saint-gilles Timing: 07:30 am - 06:30 pm
- Time required to visit Eglise De Saint-gilles: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.05% of people who visit Brussels include Eglise De Saint-gilles in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
80% of people start their Eglise De Saint-gilles visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eglise De Saint-gilles
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eglise De Saint-gilles
People normally club together La Patinoire Royale and Horta Museum while planning their visit to Eglise De Saint-gilles.