Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg3 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Impasse du Borgendael 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels Map
- Timings: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25021825
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Cathedral
On July 21, 1831, Leopold I took the oath of allegiance to the Belgian Constitution, and became King of Belgium. He took that oath in this grand neoclassical church built in the 18th century. The facade however is almost entirely Greco-Roman, with its huge triangular pediment and great Corinthian columns. Moses and King David’s statues guard the entrance. The interior is relatively stark, and only the dome is decorated with floral motifs. You’ll find two paintings by Jean-François Portaels, The Crucifixion and The Cross, at the ends of the transept.
Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg Travel Tips
- Contact the l'Animation Chrétienne et Tourisme for possible guided tours of the church.
Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg Hours
- Check church website for various service times.
How to Reach Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg
- Trams 92, 93; Buses 38, 71, N04, N05, N06, No9, N10, N11, N12 stop Koning/Royale
- Subway 2, 6 stop Trone
- Subway 1, 5 stop Gare Centrale
- Buses 54, 71, N11 stop Ducale
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg Address: Impasse du Borgendael 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg Contact Number: +32-25021825
- Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg Timing: 08:30 am - 07:00 pm
- Time required to visit Eglise Saint Jacques Sur Coudenberg: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!