Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine, Brussels
About Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine, Brussels
Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine, Brussels - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rue de la Madeleine 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
Added 170 times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This small church built in the 13th century was given a Gothic facelift in the 15th, got damaged during the Nine Years War, was rebuilt with a Baroque portal in the 16th, but partially destroyed in the 20th century, then again restored fully to its 15th century look. It’s a miracle it survived. The small Chapelle de la Madeleine inside was built in the 15th century on funds donated by the Baker’s Guild. The Chapel of St. Anne to the side of the church is entirely Baroque. Contrasted with the lavish ornamentation of other Brussels churches, the austerity of this structure is almost a welcome surprise for visitors.
Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine Ticket Prices
- Entry is free.
Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine Opening and Closing Hours
- Timings given are approximations based on other churches in the city. Call and confirm before your visit.
How To reach Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine by Public Transport
- By Bus: Buses 29, 48, 66 and others stop at Gare Centrale bus station.
- By Train: Trains IC, ICT, Intercity, P, S1 and others stop at Bruxelles Central Train Station.
- By Subway: Gare Centrale Subway Station is a stop for Subways 1 and 5 and is a short walk away.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Eglise Sainte Marie-Madeleine, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
A beautiful church in the city center of Brussels, near the Central station! Worth visiting!
It is a small church but nice to visit.
Beautiful inside and free to visit
규모가 큰건아니어도 사진찍기 좋다.
- Nearby Attractions
- Fishbar De Noordzee - La Mer Du Nord
- Hotel Novotel Brussels Centre Midi Station
- Bbt Nv
- Gare De Bruxelles-central
- Crowne Plaza Brussels Airport
- La Boutique Tintin
- Zaventem Station
- Hotel Ibis Brussels Centre St Catherine
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels