Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine9 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue de la Madeleine 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25020568
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
This small church built in the 13th century was given a Gothic facelift in the 15th, got damaged during the Nine Years War, was rebuilt with a Baroque portal in the 16th, but partially destroyed in the 20th century, then again restored fully to its 15th century look. It’s a miracle it survived. The small Chapelle de la Madeleine inside was built in the 15th century on funds donated by the Baker’s Guild. The Chapel of St. Anne to the side of the church is entirely Baroque. Contrasted with the lavish ornamentation of other Brussels churches, the austerity of this structure is almost a welcome surprise for visitors.
Entrance Ticket Details For Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine
- Entry is free.
Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine Hours
- Timings given are approximations based on other churches in the city. Call and confirm before your visit.
How to Reach Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine
- By Bus: Buses 29, 48, 66 and others stop at Gare Centrale bus station.
- By Train: Trains IC, ICT, Intercity, P, S1 and others stop at Bruxelles Central Train Station.
- By Subway: Gare Centrale Subway Station is a stop for Subways 1 and 5 and is a short walk away.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.08% of people who visit Brussels include Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine in their plan
95% of people start their Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Eglise Sainte Marie-madeleine