La MonnaieCurrently Closed
- Address: Place de la Monnaie, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-022291211
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, Entertainment, Stage Show, Family And Kids, Opera House
La Monnaie - Review
Home to the National Opera of Belgium, this one of the most important opera houses in Europe. The building you see here today is the third theatre on the site. It was built in 1856; the first theatre was built in 1700. The architecture mixes a lot of styles on both the exterior on both the outside and the inside, such as Eclectic, Neo-Baroque, Neo-Rococo and Neo-Renaissance. Gilded surfaces, huge chandeliers, and the incredible dome painting known as ‘Belgium Protecting the Arts’ decorate the insides. Beautiful paintings and sculptures adorn the walls and hallways. The shows themselves are everything you can expect from a world class institution.
La Monnaie Information
- No admission after show has started.
- Turn mobiles off.
- No smoking
- Contact the organisation for possible guided tours.
La Monnaie Ticket Prices
- Prices depend on the show and location and can range from EUR 10 to EUR 130.
- Free for under 18.
- 25% discounts for seniors, disabled and unemployed.
- Other last minute discounts may be available.
La Monnaie Hours
Doors open 45 minutes before performance.
Times given here are for the in-person box office. Actual hours depend on the show.
- Tuesday to Friday: 12:00 noon to 6:00 pm
- Saturdays: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
- One hour before show start.
- Closed on Sundays, apart from show start.
Rough Show Times
- Afternoon shows may start between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Evening shows start between 6:30pm and 8:00pm.
How To reach La Monnaie by Public Transport
- Tram 3, 4, 32 stop Bourse.
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere.
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
La Monnaie Trips
La Monnaie, Brussels Reviews
Cool venue to enjoy performances with a modern touch. Ticket prices depend on the zone but fairly accessible. Sound is great and there'll be new options for the 2019 season.
Beautiful place, very impressive layout and behind the scene explanation
Amazing building. If you can enjoy a play, don't miss the chance.
Very nice old building good atmosphere. The free introduction are great. Very cheap places for 10 euro often available. Mind you that on those often one of the 2 has (partly) view of the stage. Sound is great everywhere I think.
A brilliant interpretation of Lohengrin, intelligent stage direction by Olivier Py, excellent orchestra lead by Alain Altinoglu and a remarquable performance of the Monnaie choirs, all in all superb!