La Monnaie, Brussels
About La Monnaie, Brussels
La Monnaie, Brussels - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place de la Monnaie, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 12:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
Added 334 times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Entertainment, Stage Show, Family And Kids, Opera House
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Home to the National Opera of Belgium, this one of the most important opera houses in Europe. The building you see here today is the third theatre on the site. It was built in 1856; the first theatre was built in 1700. The architecture mixes a lot of styles on both the exterior on both the outside and the inside, such as Eclectic, Neo-Baroque, Neo-Rococo and Neo-Renaissance. Gilded surfaces, huge chandeliers, and the incredible dome painting known as ‘Belgium Protecting the Arts’ decorate the insides. Beautiful paintings and sculptures adorn the walls and hallways. The shows themselves are everything you can expect from a world class institution.
La Monnaie Information
- No admission after show has started.
- Turn mobiles off.
- No smoking
- Contact the organisation for possible guided tours.
La Monnaie Ticket Prices
- Prices depend on the show and location and can range from EUR 10 to EUR 130.
- Free for under 18.
- 25% discounts for seniors, disabled and unemployed.
- Other last minute discounts may be available.
La Monnaie Opening and Closing Hours
Doors open 45 minutes before performance.
Times given here are for the in-person box office. Actual hours depend on the show.
- Tuesday to Friday: 12:00 noon to 6:00 pm
- Saturdays: 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
- One hour before show start.
- Closed on Sundays, apart from show start.
Rough Show Times
- Afternoon shows may start between 2:00pm and 3:00pm.
- Evening shows start between 6:30pm and 8:00pm.
How To reach La Monnaie by Public Transport
- Tram 3, 4, 32 stop Bourse.
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere.
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
La Monnaie, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful theater, dusty and bit disappointing programation. This Opera theater (currently in renovation) has lots of pretentious but not enough quality, really a shame
Currently still undergoing renovation, but should open again next season. Went here in the past and just a beautiful place to enjoy some great productions.
You can see performances here almost every weekend. Good to spend leisure Time
Art Be in a state when art is inevitable! Thank you @Peterdecaluwe
Impressive building from outside, but you should get a ticket to enter an be more amazed
- Nearby Attractions
- Lakensestraat 158
- Impasse De La Fidélité 10
- House Of Manneken-pis, Of Folklore And Of Traditions
- Anspach Shopping Center
- Parc Du Soleil - Topparken
- Kat En Muis
- Inbev Belgium Sa
- La Pergola
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels