Musee Rene MagritteCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Rue Esseghem 135, 1090 Jette, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-24282626
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids, Exhibition
The Musee Rene Magritte is a museum that is dedicated to the famous Belgian painter Rene Magritte and is located in the very house that he lived in for almost 24 years of his life. Various exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, fill up the floors of the buildings and display the genius works of the celebrated artist. The various illustrations on the first and second floors along with the documents, photographs, letters and paintings further help the visitors connect with the ideology and inspiration behind the artist. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Brussels itinerary 3 days.
- Check out the boutique.
- Check out the cafe (have the Belgian fries).
- Check out the brasserie.
- No cameras, phones, strollers, umbrellas, smoking or pets allowed.
- Evening tours are available upon request.
- Check official website for upcoming events.
- Given rate is for general admission.
- Reduced price: 6 Euros
- Full tour: 40 Euro for each group of 10 people.
- Short tour: 40 Euro for group of maximum 30 people.
- Museum Cafe (Tuesday to Sunday) from 10 am to 5 pm; Museum Brasserie (Tuesday to Sunday) from 12 pm to 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
- By Bus: Buses 49 and 88 stops at Loyaute Bus station.
- By Tram: Tram 51 stops at Demineurs Light Rail Station.
- By Train: Train S10 at Tour Et Taxis Train station is a short walk away.
- Museum Brasserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
38.73% of people who visit Brussels include Musee Rene Magritte in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
45% of people start their Musee Rene Magritte visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee Rene Magritte
79.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Rene Magritte
Amazing!! The staff are so passionate and well informed and his house is so lovely to visit. So many places and objects that inspired many of his paintings are here
A local museum showcasing not the paintings but the life of the artiste.
Small and simple museum on the life of René Magritte, allowing for a glimpse into the more intimate life of the man, as well as some lesser known works (such as his advertising posters). I recommend downloading the free audio guide on Cloudguide (mobile app).
They don't accept credit cards and the bell doesn't always work, so you may have to ring a few times. Otherwise an excellent experience and a chance to see a place where the artist lived.
Nice little museum that succeedes at presenting the life of one of the most known Belgian painters. There's a lot of interesting memorabilia and little anecdotes about Magritte's life, worth seeing. Unfortunately, almost none of his art is displayed, because of copyright issues, a shame.