Musee Rene Magritte, Brussels
About Musee Rene Magritte, Brussels
Musee Rene Magritte, Brussels - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: Rue Esseghem 135, 1090 Jette, Belgium
Ticket Price: 8 EUR
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 28.1K times in trip plans
Art Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Musee Rene Magritte is a museum that is dedicated to the famous Belgian painter Rene Magritte and is located in the very house that he lived in for almost 24 years of his life. Various exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, fill up the floors of the buildings and display the genius works of the celebrated artist. The various illustrations on the first and second floors along with the documents, photographs, letters and paintings further help the visitors connect with the ideology and inspiration behind the artist.
Musee Rene Magritte Information
- Check out the boutique.
- Check out the cafe (have the Belgian fries).
- Check out the brasserie.
- No cameras, phones, strollers, umbrellas, smoking or pets allowed.
- Evening tours are available upon request.
- Check official website for upcoming events.
Musee Rene Magritte Ticket Prices
- Given rate is for general admission.
- Reduced price: 6 Euros
- Full tour: 40 Euro for each group of 10 people.
- Short tour: 40 Euro for group of maximum 30 people.
Musee Rene Magritte Opening and Closing Hours
- Museum Cafe (Tuesday to Sunday) from 10 am to 5 pm; Museum Brasserie (Tuesday to Sunday) from 12 pm to 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
How To reach Musee Rene Magritte by Public Transport
- By Bus: Buses 49 and 88 stops at Loyaute Bus station.
- By Tram: Tram 51 stops at Demineurs Light Rail Station.
- By Train: Train S10 at Tour Et Taxis Train station is a short walk away.
Restaurants Near Musee Rene Magritte
- Museum Brasserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Musee Rene Magritte, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
I really enjoy my visit to Magritte Museum. It was very good get more details about his biography and work. People there is very friendly.
Very informative audio tour is highly recommended. Especially if you speak English as the only English in the gallery is the names of pieces.
Good place to stop and checkout an artist I had no clue about before. Most of the examples are prints or reconstructions.
Quick visit is a must
I love this little museum. The other museum, in the center of town is great to see a lot of real works, but this museum, the former house of Magritte, still has the atmosphere of it's former owner, and his wife, in it. It makes you feel closer to him, and there is so much to see on every floor. A lot of objects and some interesting copies. A hidden Gem!
- Nearby Attractions
- Atomium Restaurant
- Galerij Verbeeck Van Dyck
- Houba De Strooperlaan 145
- Les Nuits De Cham
- El Bocadillo
- Brouwerij Timmermans Nv
- De Brouckere
- Den Engel
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels