Musee Rene MagritteCurrently Closed
- Address: Rue Esseghem 135, 1090 Jette, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-24282626
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museum, Family And Kids, Exhibition
Musee Rene Magritte - Review
The Musee Rene Magritte is a museum that is dedicated to the famous Belgian painter Rene Magritte and is located in the very house that he lived in for almost 24 years of his life. Various exhibitions, both temporary and permanent, fill up the floors of the buildings and display the genius works of the celebrated artist. The various illustrations on the first and second floors along with the documents, photographs, letters and paintings further help the visitors connect with the ideology and inspiration behind the artist. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Brussels itinerary 3 days.
Musee Rene Magritte Information
- Check out the boutique.
- Check out the cafe (have the Belgian fries).
- Check out the brasserie.
- No cameras, phones, strollers, umbrellas, smoking or pets allowed.
- Evening tours are available upon request.
- Check official website for upcoming events.
Musee Rene Magritte Ticket Prices
- Given rate is for general admission.
- Reduced price: 6 Euros
- Full tour: 40 Euro for each group of 10 people.
- Short tour: 40 Euro for group of maximum 30 people.
Musee Rene Magritte Hours
- Museum Cafe (Tuesday to Sunday) from 10 am to 5 pm; Museum Brasserie (Tuesday to Sunday) from 12 pm to 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 10:30 pm.
How To reach Musee Rene Magritte by Public Transport
- By Bus: Buses 49 and 88 stops at Loyaute Bus station.
- By Tram: Tram 51 stops at Demineurs Light Rail Station.
- By Train: Train S10 at Tour Et Taxis Train station is a short walk away.
Restaurants Near Musee Rene Magritte
- Museum Brasserie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Musee Rene Magritte
38.83% of people who visit Brussels include Musee Rene Magritte in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
45% of people start their Musee Rene Magritte visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Musee Rene Magritte
79.21% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Musee Rene Magritte
Musee Rene Magritte Trips
1 View20 Days 19 Nights20 Day Trip to Iceland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium from MontrealBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Reykjavik, Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Brussels
Musee Rene Magritte, Brussels Reviews
Small and simple museum on the life of René Magritte, allowing for a glimpse into the more intimate life of the man, as well as some lesser known works (such as his advertising posters). I recommend downloading the free audio guide on Cloudguide (mobile app).
A local museum showcasing not the paintings but the life of the artiste.
They don't accept credit cards and the bell doesn't always work, so you may have to ring a few times. Otherwise an excellent experience and a chance to see a place where the artist lived.
Nice little museum that succeedes at presenting the life of one of the most known Belgian painters. There's a lot of interesting memorabilia and little anecdotes about Magritte's life, worth seeing. Unfortunately, almost none of his art is displayed, because of copyright issues, a shame.
This low-key Museum gives a great insight in René's daily life.