Museum Of IxellesCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: Rue Jean Van Volsem 71, 1050 Ixelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25156422
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Tags: Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids
Museum Of Ixelles - Review
Founded in the late 19th century to house the donations of Edmond De Prater, the museum’s collections quickly grew thanks to a lot of similar donations. It has one of the best collections of Belgian art from the 17th and 21st centuries in the world - paintings, sculpture, and drawings. The cover many art movements such as impressionist, neo-impressionist, fauvism, expressionism, surrealism, contemporary and symbolist. With over 10000 items, this is practically a history museum for the Belgian arts. There is also a terrific collection of posters, including the entire lithographic works by Toulouse-Lautrec.
Museum Of Ixelles Information
- Disabled accessible.
- Check museum website for upcoming special exhibitions.
Museum Of Ixelles Ticket Prices
- EUR 5 for students, seniors, groups of 10+
- Free for unemployed and under 18s.
- Get the audioguide at the bookshop for EUR 3.
Museum Of Ixelles Hours
- Last admission at 4:45pm.
- Closed on public holidays.
- May be closed during removal and installation of art.
How To reach Museum Of Ixelles by Public Transport
- Buses 38, 60 stop Malibran.
- Buses 54, 71, N09, N10 stop Fernand Cocq.
- Tram 81, Bus 89 stop Levure.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Museum Of Ixelles
0.23% of people who visit Brussels include Museum Of Ixelles in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
75% of people start their Museum Of Ixelles visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Museum Of Ixelles
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Ixelles
Museum Of Ixelles Trips
Museum Of Ixelles, Brussels Reviews
Great small museum, exhibition space. Enjoyed lots the Doisneau exhibition, last week anf still on. It'll be even better after renovations, starting in April 2018. This means it will be closed a few months, but worth the wait I think.
Unfortunately closed for renovation but very nice, small museum. Well worth a vist.
An excellent little museum, with some surprisingly good pieces, and it's not too busy
Nice but now closed for 3 years approx for renovations
Love it! Great art work and temporary exhibitions. Picasso. Magritte and other big masters.