Museum Of Natural SciencesCurrently Closed
- Address: Rue Vautier 29, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-26274211
- Ticket Price: 10 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Natural History Museums
All you really need to know about the Museum of Natural Sciences is that it has the biggest dinosaur gallery in Europe. That’s not all though, a roomful of taxidermy exhibits (stuffed animals), another of whale skeletons, yet another of geology specimens, a mammoth – meaning if you’re bringing a kid here, you’ll literally become his or her favourite person ever. It has the largest Iguanodon fossil find in the country – over thirty near perfect specimens. The halls include Of Men and Mammoths which shows the evolution of man and about the last ice age, The Mammal Gallery that is about recent and extinct mammals, including a Thylacine, The North and South Pole which showcases a view of two different worlds in a Plexiglas tunnel, The Whale Hall where skeletons of whales, dolphins, walruses, sirenians and seals are displayed, The Shell Gallery with 9 million shells, The Insect Gallery: 15,000,000 specimens of which are 10,000 holotypes, The Mineral Gallery with crystals, cut gems, meteorites and precious bits of moon rock and The Ishango bone, a prehistoric bone counting tool. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Brussels itinerary 2 days.
- Free with Brussels Cards (which is available for purchase at admissions desk).
- wheelchairs are available on request.
- Eat at the Dino Cafe or bring a packed lunch to the picnic area (requires prior reservation).
- Given price is for Adults for permanent + temporary exhibitions.
- Adults (permanent + temporary exhibition): 9.50 Euros
- Adults (permanent exhibitions): 7 Euros
- Seniors (65+), Disabled visitors, students with EYCA (permanent + temporary exhibition): 8.50 Euros
- Seniors (65+), Disabled visitors, students with EYCA (permanent exhibitions): 6 Euros
- Children (6-17 years) accompanied with adult (permanent + temporary exhibition): 7 Euros
- Children (6-17 years) accompanied with adult (permanent exhibitions): 4.50 Euros
- Admission to permanent exhibitions free on 1st Wednesday of every month after 1 pm.
- Children below 6 years: Free
- Refer official website for detailed tour prices.
- By Train: Brussels-Luxemburg Station, a 5 minutes walk from the Museum
- By Bus: Bus 38 or 95, stop 'Idalie' (Troonstraat - Rue du Trone)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
42.03% of people who visit Brussels include Museum Of Natural Sciences in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
31.5% of people start their Museum Of Natural Sciences visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of Natural Sciences
91.95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of Natural Sciences
Museum is a must visit for small children. It will create awareness among the children on how the humans, dinosaurs and many more species evolved in earth. They also have real findings of dinosaurs remains which they obtained it from different parts of the earth. I found the place interesting and enjoyed the viewing of mother earth old living things. I can also understand how old our earth based on the ages of different species.
Great place for all. Best dinosaur collection I've seen in a while. Great space for kids and adults alike. Do go - you won't forget it. Most importantly - no queues!
Went with the kid (4 year) and she loved it. The history/info part passed her but she loved seeing the big dinos and animals. The food was good although long wait time on a very busy day.
Good place for kids and adults. Dinosaurs always fascinate, but the temporary exhibits are often even higher quality than the main exhibits and are worth the upgrade ticket IMHO. In some places the building has seen better days and I also remember the permanent exhit being much larger.
Amazing museum with well-preserved collection (I really enjoyed the dinosaurs). The museum suits for all age, especially children. You will need approximately two hours to enjoy the whole museum (too bad I visited this museum at Saturday 5.30 pm, means it was almost the close hour). The museum shop provided attractive thing with affordable price. They also provide free lockers for visitor's belonging.