Museum Of The City Of BrusselsCurrently Closed
- Address: Grand-Place, 1000 Brussel, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-22794350
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: History Museums, Family And Kids
The museum is dedicated to the history, culture and folklore of the city of Brussels. It’s housed inside the stylish neo-Gothic building, constructed by the Duke of Brabant in the 16th century as a symbol of ducal power. The museum itself was established in 1860. The ground floor focuses on the Brussel’s artistic heritage - flags, banisters, altarpieces, sculptures, paintings, tapestries, porcelain, archaeological artefacts. A particularly popular room the with hundreds of costumes for the Manneken-Pis statue. Check out the 17th century painting of the Grand Place in flames, bombed by Louis XIV, King of France, from 13 to 15 August 1695. Admire the early 16th century Saluces altarpiece. See one of the best copied of Pieter Bruegel the Elder’s lost Wedding Cortège painting by Jan Breughel the Elder.
- Disabled not accessible.
- Guided tours are for 25 people max.
- Senior: EUR 6
- Students, unemployed: € 4.00
- Free for under 18
- Guided tour groups: EUR 70 (Monday - Friday), EUR 90 (Saturday - Sunday) + EUR 6 per person
- Admission to this museum also includes admission to Costume and Lace Museum and Museum of the Sewers.
- Tram 3, 4, 32 stop Bourse
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.95% of people who visit Brussels include Museum Of The City Of Brussels in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
37.5% of people start their Museum Of The City Of Brussels visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Museum Of The City Of Brussels
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Museum Of The City Of Brussels