Notre Dame Du Sablon5627 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Rue de la Régence 3, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +32-25115741
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Set in the beautiful and historic Sablon district, this 15th century Catholic Church has a Brabantine Gothic exterior and a rich interior that includes two Baroque Chapels. The church is one of the best in its style. The church is especially noted for the contrast in its brightly colored stained glass windows in the four fold gallery make with the more demure grey white building. The sight is said to be especially striking at night. The best part is that it is usually quiet – not thronged much with tourists.
A curiosity in the church is the statue of Madonna that was once upon a time stolen from Brussels and taken to Antwerp but retuned in 1348. Apparently the theft was commissioned by a local Beatrijs Soetkens by the Virgin Mary in a dream; the statue was purported miraculous.
Features to note are the Pillars without capital, increasing verticality, the statues of the 12 apostles, the trforium and its motifs, a brilliant triptych by the Michel Coxie, the Baroque Pulpits and the reliquary of Saint Wivina. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following Brussels itinerary 2 days.
Notre Dame Du Sablon Travel Tips
- There’s an antique market just outside the church.
- Check out the neighbourhood outside the church and the squares. It’s a popular tourist hang out of itself, and there are a bunch of statues to see.
Entrance Ticket Details For Notre Dame Du Sablon
- Entry is free.
- Donations are appreciated.
Notre Dame Du Sablon Hours
- For prayer and mass timings ask locally.
How to Reach Notre Dame Du Sablon
- By Bus: Petit Sablon bus station has buses 27, 95, N04 and other stopping by.
- By Tram: Trams 92 and 93 stops at Petit Sablon light rail station.
- By renting or hiring a car/taxi.
- Les Petits Oignons
- Sister Act
- Claire Fontaine
- Comic’s Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
48.7% of people who visit Brussels include Notre Dame Du Sablon in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
38.37% of people start their Notre Dame Du Sablon visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Notre Dame Du Sablon
59.62% of people prefer walking in order to reach Notre Dame Du Sablon