Passage Du Nord, Brussels
About Passage Du Nord, Brussels
Passage Du Nord, Brussels - Address, Phone Number
Address: Rue Neuve 40, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 528 times in trip plans
Mall, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Between the 1820s and 1860s Brussels built shopping arcades in a flurry, ten of them. This is Eclectic-style arcade of the only three to have survived to today. It’s unnecessarily pretty for a shopping arcade though. The vaulted glass ceiling of the six story structure is beautiful. The interior is bright and clean. But what’s unique to these arcade are the 32 caryatids, allusory sculptures, on the walls. They are all the works of by Joseph Bertheux. They allude to a diverse range of cultures - metallurgy, commerce, astronomy, architecture, recreation, meditation and the arts. There are only 20 shops here today. These include stores for jewellery, phones, an optician, a florist, perfumerie, an oyster bar, a barber and a chocolatier.
Passage Du Nord Opening and Closing Hours
- The shops keep their own hours. The shops timing are 9.30 am to 6.30 pm.
How To reach Passage Du Nord by Public Transport
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg
- Subway 2, 6, stop Rogier
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Passage Du Nord, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
My photo was of the oyster bar within the passage, just one of about 20 businesses. Sit down for six oysters and a glass of wine. The place is simple as can be, but everything is impeccable. And if you don't like oysters, there's also toast with eel, smoked salmon, crab or foie gras.
There are some "passage" like this one in Brussels results of the architecture of the 19th century. This one is less impressive than "galerie de la reina".
Most of the shops in this passage were ordinary. Nothing fantastic.
Great historical landmark of Brussels. Ideal to go buy upscale chocolate.
great place and very cool shops
- Nearby Attractions
- La Pergola
- Diamond Museum Shop Bvba
- Selderijstraat 31
- Play Label Rooftop
- Anderlechtschesteenweg 88
- Antwerpen Centraal (koningin Astridplein, Perron7)
- Lakensestraat 124
- Monument Of Leopold I
- Bruxelles-nord (rue Du Progrès)
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels