Place Des Martyrs, Brussels
About Place Des Martyrs, Brussels
Place Des Martyrs, Brussels - Address
Address: Place des Martyrs 1000 Bruxelles Belgium
Time Required: 00:15 Mins
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 512 times in trip plans
Walking Area, Historical Site, Memorial, Monument, Square, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Before hundreds of people died in the September days of the Belgian Revolution in 1830, this place used to be known as Place de Saint Michel, where markets and fairs were held. 400 hundred of those martyrs lie buried in a crypt beneath your feet here, some of whom died right here. There are two monuments to the fallen at the opposite ends of the square, one to Frederic de Merode and the other named Jenneval. The buildings surrounding the square are neoclassical, and some house branches of the Flemish Government.
How To reach Place Des Martyrs by Public Transport
- Buses 29, 66, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13. N16 stop De Brouckere.
- Subway 1, 5 stop De Brouckere.
- Buses 29, 66, 71, 86, N04, N05, N06, N08, N09, N10, N11, N12, N13, N16, N18 stop Arenberg.
- Subway 2, 6, stop Rogier.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
Place Des Martyrs, Brussels Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Musees Royaux D'art Et D'histoire
- Museum Of Ixelles
- Avenue Louise
- Rue Neuve
- Porte De Hal
- Rouge Cloitre Abbey And Park
- Villa Empain
- Tram Museum
- Brussels Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 48 Hours in Brussels
- What to See in 72 Hours in Brussels
- How to Spend 5 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 6 Days in Brussels
- How to Spend 7 Days in Brussels