Place PoelaertCurrently Open
- Address: Place Poelaert, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium, Brussels
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Landmark, Monument, War Memorial, Square, Family And Kids
Right in front of the world’s largest courthouse is Brussels’ largest square, almost 8000 square metres. Some say it is the best place to first visit on your Brussels trip, especially at sunrise or sunset. There ought to be glass elevator nearby; take it up to the top for outright best view of the city. The city centre, the Atomium, the Palais of Justice are all laid out in front of you. In the square itself, at the very centre, is the Monument A la Gloire de l'Infanterie Belge, dedicated to Belgian soldiers who died in WWI and WWII. In Belgian pop culture the square is known for its prominent role in the movie Dikkenek.
- For the exact location of the elevator, search ‘Ascenseur des Marolles’ on Google Maps.
- Elevator Timings: 7:00am - 11:30pm
- Subway 2, 6; Buses N06, N08, N09, N10, N11 stop Louise.
- Trams 92, 93 stop Poelaert.
- Trams 92, 97 stop Stephanie.
- Buses 27, 48, N12 stop Jeu de Balle.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Brussels before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Brussels and book an accommodation of your choice.
0.31% of people who visit Brussels include Place Poelaert in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
66.67% of people start their Place Poelaert visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Place Poelaert
95% of people prefer walking in order to reach Place Poelaert